Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

hra
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Brand-new (confused) user has questions

that IS interesting. If you go to Microsoft's Knowledge base, there's several articles about how I can't move to Outlook, but can only take some of the database files (ex. contacts), export it, give each field a name and then export again to Outlook. Never looked right (I DID try).  However, if I can send it all to BB Curve, using 4.2, and then from the Curve back to my computer, into Outlook, that would be such a bonus, if I weren't an overweight middle-aged guy, I'd do hand-stands!  I followed your instructions and just got rid of DM4.3. Seems to have worked perfectly, other than "Installshield-old".  Now it's dinner time & then it's downloading 4.2.  You & Bifocals are really great.  When I was at CES last Jan, and there was no booth for treo & there was for BB, I knew the handwriting on the wall said to MOVE to RIM, but I had to wait until my Treo was cloned 10 days ago, to finally say "I've had it".  Now, according to Verizon, if I don't "like it", I can trade it within 30 days for another phone (& only pay the difference). I'm hoping the Bold comes out by the 26th so I can trade up!  Of course, first I have to get THIS one working, etc.  Thanks again & I'll be back once I give it all a try.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

If you get your data into a .csv file you could upload to Outlook and then sync.

Just FYI

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

hra
New Contributor

Excellent. Thanks.
Guru I

If you need more info, please ask!

If this resolves your issue, please put the resolution checkmark in the post that answered your questions, which I think would be Xandrex!

Thanks very much!

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

hra
New Contributor

Xandrex was a great help BUT after dinner I tried downloading 4.22, then doing all the config. of my organizer files in the advanced boxes, then downloading - & it keeps telling me that I don't have a Calendar on my BB and the address & tasks/memos are bunches of stuff from my organizer in no sensible fashion. I give up for night & will try again tomorrow & THEN hopefully I can put a resolution checkmark someplace here!
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hra wrote:
When I was at CES last Jan, and there was no booth for treo & there was for BB, I knew the handwriting on the wall said to MOVE to RIM, but I had to wait until my Treo was cloned 10 days ago, to finally say "I've had it".
Hello,

I am not familiar with the TREO world. what do you mean "cloned" ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
hra
New Contributor

I didn't know it until I googled & found a NYTimes article. Someone pays $2G for this scanner that intercepts your telephone # and reprograms THEIR phone with your # for outgoing calls. They then call Dominican Republic, talk for hours & it's billed to your phone.  About 4000 folks in 2007 had it happen. Doesn't work on Blackberry (or so I've been told).  When Verizon called & asked if I knew anyone in Santo Domingo, I knew it was time for Treo to say "adios".  I've tried again to get Organizer to work with DM2.2 and it says "No calendar found" and sends weird stuff to my Handheld. I'll play with it now & let you know later or tomorrow if I had any luck.
Highlighted
Guru I

Please let us know!

Thanks,