Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

Broken Charging Port

After reading several posts on this site I have seen that this is a recurring issue with this model. Both my dad's 9360 phone and mine have broken charging ports. I brought mine to the Bell store while it was on warranty but the warranty only lasted 1 year. How can you put this phone on a 3-year long contract if it won't even continue to work after a year and a couple of months??? Is there some sort of refund for the defective phones? It's obviously the model that was created poorly, not how I treated the phone while I had it, so I feel like I am entitled to a phone that will last me until the end of my contract.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Broken Charging Port

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As a user-to-user community, no one here can answer your question with any level of authority whatsoever. BlackBerry provides zero front line support to end users, including warranty...all support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers, all who can escalate cases into BlackBerry at no charge to the end user.

So, your escalation path is not here, in these forums. Rather, it is through your place of purchase...even if they may have a poor reputation. You have no free path by which to bypass them.

There is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract you signed upon purchase. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

There also might be some good reading here:

But, all in all, from your description, I might not hold out much hope...after all, two cases that are the same hardly qualifies as a systemic manufacturing defect. An unlucky coincidence, sure...but not systemic. Then again, as I said, no one here (including me!) can give you anything authoritative on this matter.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I purchase my 9360 from Bell Canada on contract in September 2011. From December 2011 onward I have had problem with the phone not charging and requiring to be in a certian position to charge. I even had it sent away to be fixed. 

New Contributor

welll t hats **bleep**ing stupid, no wonder everyone switches to iphone and android, they have support workers that will actually help you

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

[ Edited ]

RachelIvey wrote:

I purchase my 9360 from Bell Canada on contract in September 2011. From December 2011 onward I have had problem with the phone not charging and requiring to be in a certian position to charge. I even had it sent away to be fixed. 

Excellent! Then it would seem you have a good "paper trail" of the issue, which should lend credence to your requests for additional assistance. But, still, your channel to make those requests is not in this user-to-user community...rather, it is with your place of purchase.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

RachelIvey wrote:

welll t hats **bleep**ing stupid, no wonder everyone switches to iphone and android, they have support workers that will actually help you

I can see that you are upset...plenty of debate has existed here regarding the support model that exists. The debate about it, is, however, of no point IMHO...it is what it is, and everyone (BlackBerry, the carriers, and even the end users) agreed to it by entering into the various contractual relationships that they elected.

Good luck!