Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Browser Very Slow

Browser very slow. Listening to the sales people ar Rogers who gave me the impression that 3G was fast has been a disappointment so far.Two bookmarks sign in for both Royal Bank and E trade have been 1.25 minutes and 25 seconds respectively.Both on the computer are no more than 2-3 seconds. I need help!!!! Please any suggestions to speed up or is this all this puppy has got. Thank you in advance
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Re: Browser Very Slow

I hope you're not talking about loading the full desktop website version of both the Royal Bank and E-Trade. While the Bold's browser is capable of opening those sites, it's still not robust enough to load them quickly and properly. Personally, I mostly open up sites that are mobile optimized. Those usually open up fast and without a glitch.

But I do understand where you're coming from. I too like to sign into my bank's account every now and then using my phone's browser. I tried opening Bank of Montreal's website and it did take quite a while to load.

I suggest also upgrading your phone's OS to the latest software. I noticed a lot of browsing improvements compared to the older version. The latest official version now is 4.6.0.162. Here is a link to a thread that walks you through the upgrade:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=Bold&thread.id=2120

Ahmed Eltawil
Senior Systems Developer
IES Group Inc.

Remember to mark your thread as 'Solved' and to give those who helped some precious 'Kudos'.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Ahmed Eltawil

Thanks for your comments. I have upgraded yesterday however I have not witnessed any change so far. You are correct the Web based sites are slow. I thought it was the Machine. Thanks again

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums,

Please check the file free and file total numbers under options status.

Also, how oftern do your clean the browser cache?

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter