Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Browser help

Hi, I'm new to this.  I am trying to access the browswer on my Curve and it keeps going to the email set-up.  I already have my work email configured on the blackberry, so I don't have one to put in there.  I can't seem to get past this.  Has anyone seen this or have any ideas??

Thanks - Katie

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Browser help

when it opens the email setup page, go to the menu and scroll to "close" then try to open the browser again

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310 & Bold

Re: Browser help

This is the BIS email setup home page where you can add up to 10 additional email accounts to send and receive on your BlackBerry. 

If you don't want to do this then once your browser opens to this page press the Option key (left of the trackball) and select "Go to" and the will open a window where you can type a web address. 

To stop this in the future press the Option key, scroll to Options and press  the trackball.  Now press the trackball on Browser Configuration and scroll to the bottom of the page and type the homepage you want to use or go to the page first and just press "Use Current" and then your browser will launch on this page.  You can access the other page for BIS setup using the envelope icon with the gray cog whell and red arrow pointing to the right.

Hope this helps.