Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Browser over WiFi not working..

there is a data outage thats affect many users in USA too, please stand by

more info here

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Announcements/Regarding-delays-in-Europe-the-Middle-East-and-...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Z10

Thanks for your reply.

I have been aware of the recent global BB issues and understand that this issue has now been resolved. The particular problem I have described was occurring well before the global issues were reported and are continuing now. I would be grateful for any assistance.

Thanks

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I had issue too, I deleted all wifi profiles, reboot phone and set them up again then realized my router was not rebooted in months, after the router reboot it worked fine.

have you been able to get it working on a diff wifi hotspot?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Z10

So three weeks has past since my last post. I have tried removing my wireless profiles. Using a different wifi connection in someone elses house.  Removing the service book and replacing it. There is still no real change and it only seems to be browsing that causes the problem. Sometimes the connection will work briefly sometimes if you request a page repeatedly you eventually get past the error message on my first post. I have now run out of ideas and am looking forward to the end of my contract

Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Bell

It would appear that mine has miraculously solved itself.  It now appears that my Torche uses the WiFi when it is available and the service provider if it is not available.   It is necessary for Data Services to be active on your Mobile Network Options for either  connection mechanism to work, or you will recieve a communication failure.  Now, if I disable the Mobile Network in Manage Connections, my Torche functions just the same on WiFi (except the phone part).  This was not the case several weeks ago when I tried this.  Apparently something has gotten fixed in the last several weeks. (It started working before the recent RIM service issues so it is not related to that).

I'd suggest trying again to see if yours is also fixed.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: SETAR N.V.

i thought my Torch wifi issues were solved, but I am getting the same problem again. I got 2 identical wifi routers with identical Wifi security setup. The browser will work fine with one and with the other it won't, not even rebooting the phone. I am getting fed up with these late model BB phones. They should change BB and call them dumb phones instead of smartphones!! IPhone 4S here I come!! 

My Device: BOLD 9000
My Carrier: TSTT

I had that same problem with my Bold recently... not being able to connect to your personal Home Wifi... What I did was whenyou open the browser page. Hit menu key, go to options, Browser Configuration, then simply change the Browser from Social Browser to Hot Spot... and it will start connecting and working...
Hope this helps. Regards!
Highlighted
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

I realize this is an old thread, but I am having problems with Wi-Fi on my Blackberry Torch, and it's driving me nuts!

I have AT&T U Verse service, and my AT&T Blackberry automatically connects to the Wi-Fi when I'm at home. It was working fine earlier today, then I went somewhere, and when I came home, the Wi-Fi would not connect on my phone. I have no idea why. My home Internet is working fine. I tried pulling the battery from my phone, deleting the saved Wi-Fi network, and so on, but it still won't connect, or least I don't think it's connected.

When it's connected to the Wi-Fi, it says "ATT 2 Wire 174" at the top of my phone, on the main screen. That's not on there any more. When I go into the Manage Connections, I have AT&T Mobile Network and Wi-Fi both saying "on", and the box next to them checked. But when I go itnto Set Up Wi Fi, it shows my home Wi Fi network, but says "Connected To: None". So, is my Wi Fi on or not??? I have a data plan with AT&T, but it's limited. I don't want to run up my bill using the Internet with the data plan, when I have free Wi Fi at home. Please help!

My Device: 9810
My Carrier: at&t

make sure dataservices is switched to on in the mobile network area...

works like a charm

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

I am having trouble with my Blackberry Bold 9900... when I travel, I just use it to get email via wifi.. I do not turn on my data... this has always worked til yesterday!  Am in California, have access to a working wifi... my blackberry says it's connected, but can't browse or get email...

I know the wifi is working as my husband's lap top is getting his email just fine...

did I push some button... or what could it be??? HELP!!