Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Virgin

Browser problem.

When I click on browser icon, screen shows Blackberry apps, instead of search engines.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Browser problem.

Hello johnhardy

Welcome to the Community,

Please Perform a Battery Pull Restart like this While Device is Powered On remove the Battery wait for a min. then re-insert it back wait till the device take a long Reboot Then have a try and let us know.

Good Luck

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Many thanks, I did try taking the battery out but did not wait at all before putting it back. I will try that now.

New Contributor

Tried leaving the battery out longer this time, but problem persists. Still showing Blackberry apps, with links that do not work.

Elite II

Hello johnhardy,

It may not sounds good but please try 1 or 2 battery pull restart and on your last restart when removing battery remove your sim card and your media card also if you have .Please try and let us know .

Good Luck

Prince

New Contributor

Think it must be knackered, still no joy.

Elite II

Hi johnhardy,

As far as I understand it seems a software issue cause when you are tapping Browser you are getting App World,Can you confirm have you recently installed any Apps ,if yes uninstall it ,then have a try, If your problem resolves  its alright otherwise if problem persist I prefer Reloading your OS to rule out any software issue. all you need is a Blackberry Desktop software  which you can download  from here : Blackberry Desktop Software and here is  How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows  ,Try It and let us know.

Good Luck

Prince

New Contributor

Hi prince2012.  I have done all as you suggested, but still no change. Many thanks for your help, think I will have to take it to a phone shop.