Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Browser

Hello everyone. I know this has been posted a bajillion times before, but I cant seem to find my browser Smiley Sad. I am on an unlocked Tour 9630, and I currently dont have a Blackberry data plan. What I do have though is AT&T, and I have a regular internet service with them. Is there any way I can perhaps start using the browser on my phone?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Browser

Hello oismael94, 

When you used an unlocked device with a carrier who doesn't have the device in their line up, you may not get full functionality.

A service book is needed for your device for mobile browsing. Since the device you are using isn't native to your chosen carrier, there most likely isn't one available.

Also, you might need an active BlackBerry data plan to mobile browse. You should reach out to your mobile carrier to verify.

Hope this helps.

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: 9630
My Carrier: ATT

Hi, There. I have almost same issue have AT&T blackberry data plan, but I just bought unlocked Sprint 9630, but it missing browser configuration. I try to reinstalled original 9630 rom from Blackberry website, but it seems not working, please help.

Retired

samhan13869 wrote:

Hi, There. I have almost same issue have AT&T blackberry data plan, but I just bought unlocked Sprint 9630, but it missing browser configuration. I try to reinstalled original 9630 rom from Blackberry website, but it seems not working, please help.

As noted above, if the mobile carrier being used does not have the device on their line up, you may not get full device functionality, which could be an icon for the Browser.

For more information about compatibility, contact your mobile carrier.

Cheers!

-HMthePirate

New Contributor
My Device: 9630
My Carrier: ATT

Thank you for your answer. However is that possible to install OS from ATT for the similiar model like 9700 or 9300?

Retired

samhan13869 wrote:

Thank you for your answer. However is that possible to install OS from ATT for the similiar model like 9700 or 9300?

You can only install software from the branded carrier on the BlackBerry device.

And the service book is carrier specific, not device specific, so until the chose carrier has the device in their line up, you might not have full functionality.

-HMthePirate

New Contributor
My Device: storm1
My Carrier: mtc touch

hey i have black berry storm and i have no wifi on it .. and i have no browser only so plz send me on my bb the browser