Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone Uk

Bugs Not **Edited**. DM 7

[ Edited ]

Ok, There seems to be a lot of problems with the update to 7 and lots of <Inappropriate Content Removed>
but lets see if we can get our heads together and list all the Bugs we think we have found.  Not in a general sense but a more technical approach and no I don't work for RIM but I dont want an Apple as my next devices.

So to start i've found.

BB Torch 9800  DM 7.0.0.43 Bundle 44  - Win 7 Pro - Office Pro Plus 2010

When Syncronising calander data any item in Outlook that is marked as an all day event spans over 2 days when transfered over to phone.

Now lets see if we can give them something to work with and as i said at the start no <Inappropriate Content Removed> please.

John

Back again,

The Bug i thought  isn't but it's sloppy programming on both Microsoft and BB. 

From Outook to Phone  -  When when you select "all day event" in outlook it puts a marker in the "all day field" but sets the date time in outlooks data from 00:00 till 00:00 the next day thus spanning 2 days from start to finish which is what goes onto the phone. 

From Phone to Outlook - when you create a calendar entry on the phone and you select "all day" and then sync with outlook the items show on the correct date as an all day item but the end date is the date prior to the start date.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Bugs Not Bitching. DM 7

I have BB Bold 9780, Win 7 64 bit, got the upgrade to DS 7 yesterday, sync hangs  up at  the end of the process "preparing sync preview"  .  I have left it for 10 to 15 minutes, no change.  Previous syncs took about 2 to 4 minutes,  I have used previous versions of DS with OUtlook 2007 for almost 2 years no problem.  No other changes at time of problem.  Anything else needed to know to pass this on?

Ian Mothersill
BB Bold 9780 - Win 7 64Bit
Vancouver, BC Canada
Regular Contributor

Re: Bugs Not Bitching. DM 7

Many thanks but that is the effect everyone sees. what i'm trying to do is to compile a list of the actual bugs and faults that could fundimentally be causing  this problem.

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9610
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Bugs Not **Edited**. DM 7

i downloaded BBDM upgrade and it would not open - ATT put me into Rim who advises this is a known bug and they are working - meantime I can't synch desktop and calander even though it worked before with Ver 6 - this company is trying to drive us away? business folks can not be without synch - and they can afford to switch to another provider who can sync with outlook. I suggested RIM advise their customers of the problem and fix date - but they are still ignoring the problem or at least the importance of communication - If not resolved by week-end I will be forced to turn in my new torch and get an Iphone of Android? that will end many years of relationship with RIM - sad.
Regular Contributor

Just do a system restore to a point before the upgrade and that should get you back working again and then wait for the fix.

New Contributor

that worked - back t0 a working 6.0 - I will be very concerned about going to version 7.0 when the fix comes in - not sure I will know when the fix is done as they still have the original ver 7 on theri website - you would have thought they would have taken it down - maybe all the good programmers left because of their financial woes.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Telstra

got DM 7 yesterday

Windows 7, Bold 9780, Outlook 2010

Have not had trouble with the sync hanging.  Have the same "problem" with the calander spanning 2 days.

Also just did a 2-way with Outlook, it wanted to modify all my contacts on the computer so I started then cancelled after 330 (out of 840) contacts as I saw it added 3 lines to the business and home address.

Now have to go delete lines in every contact!  Not happy!

New Contributor

you should consider a restore like I did and revert back to your 6.0 version - the 7.0 version is a disaster.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: Telstra

As long as I only sync 1 way i.e. from computer to Blackberry then I have no problems.......