Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Bugs experienced???

Other than what has already been posted -

1. When my phone turns on in the morning, the radio doesn't always turn on, I have to do so manually.

2. When in a holster, it rarely makes any sounds, even though I have "Sound in Holster" turned ON for every e-mail address as well as SMS messages.

These aren't bugs so much as observations:

3. Annoyed that BB decided to go with a new format USB connection. I loved being able to find a way to charge my Curve just about anywhere I happened to be.

4. In landscape mode, because of the way the screen in hinged, it is difficult to click keys close to the "top" of the screen.

New Contributor

Kamorra2,

I've had the same issue since Friday as well. My phone resets at least 10-15 times a day. Its becoming quite annoying and incovenient. The folks at verizon are absolutely no help. Does RIM have their own technical support line other than these forums. I would like to talk to someone live in order to have this issue resolved. This is crazy.

im still experiencing reboots, ESPECIALLY when using my AIM client.

i did the whole, go through blackberry manager and updated the OS..even though i had the current one. RIM better fix this soon...this is almost a deal breaker. whats the point of having a phone that keeps turning off?

Visitor

I can't get my Storm to power on after charging it last night. I removed the battery (3 times) but that didn't help. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Storm 9500

Hi, I'm from the UK and both me and my mate have a problem with the voicedial function on our BB Storm.  Once you use it, the call is made and the other person can here me but I can't here them.

Pulling the battery resolves this but annoying.

Contributor

I've noticed some of the same problems with mine.  The rotate feature will at times stop working and I have to reboot to get it fix it.  The only time my phone slowed down was when I connnected it to the device manager, which also caused major problems of its own on my computer(see my post in the software section for this problem).  I've only had my phone turn off on it's own once.  I haven't had it reboot itself though, so I guess I'm lucky there.

I found that last night when the screen wouldn't rotate, if I shook the phone it would kick in.  It leads me to think that maybe they have a problem with their gyros in the phones.

I have contacted Verizon 3 times now to get these issues fixed.  When I call in I'm told to take it to the local store and they can check it for current software.  When I take it to the store they tell me they are not allowed to do that, yet.  Last night when I called thought the customer service person was VERY helpful, and he passed me on to a tech who fixed the rotation issue remotely, for a little while at least.  If it keeps up I'll go back to the verizon store this weeken and either get a new one or maybe they will have a fix by then.

Other than the rotation problem(biggest problem for me), and not being able to connect it to my computer I love this phone.

Glad to know others are having this problem

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

>>>>Hi, I'm from the UK and both me and my mate have a problem with the voicedial function on our BB Storm.  Once you use it, the call is made and the other person can here me but I can't here them.

>>>>Pulling the battery resolves this but annoying.

Same Problem with Mine.

Message Edited by digital on 11-25-2008 02:01 PM
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Storm 9500

Is there a piece of software that will soft reset the device which will be alot quicker than taking the back cover off and removing the battery?

I am use to Windows Mobile and Palm devices where you poke a stylus in a hole and it resets.

A software install I actually managed to do did it on the BB so hopefully an update later on will give us this option.

Rotating locks occasionally but a little shake seems to resolve this.

Contributor

I have experianced the following bugs:

- The phone crashes when loading a ppt doc.

- The phone sometimes will not scroll through the screen (contacts, browser, etc.). I can only describe it as the screen "runs in place."

- I can only click on links on about half of the web sights I visit (yahoo, cnn, etc.).

The first two are fixed wth a battery pull.

New Contributor

There's software that will let you perform a soft reset without a battery pull.

It is sad that this is even needed, but it's here: http://www.geekandproud.net/blackberry-software/