Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Pix
Visitor
My Device: Torch 9800

Built in Storage media ERROR

Blackberry Torch 9800 v6.0.0.246, platform 6.4.0.105

Hello,
I receive a Blackberry Torch for Christmas.  It was working great until I connected it to the computer for first time and did the updates and backup suggested.  I now get the message "Built in storage media is not accessible due to fatal errors". 

I also lost all the ringtones.  Being a non-techie I did not connect the two.  The next time I connected to the computer to backup etc and to download ringtones because mine were gone, all the wallpaper that comes with the device was gone.  I have connected again to back up my blackberry and
tried to restore to see if that helps, it does not. 

I did try to reformat my Built in storage media but it did not get rid of the error message and now I do
not even see built in storage media coming up when I am in device options.

Can anyone help me?  Should I be returning this device or can the problem be fixed?

Thanks

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Re: Built in Storage media ERROR

hi there I have the same problem and I just got my phone 2 weeks ago...i had no choice but to delete everything in my built in media storage now all my original ringtones and wallpapers are gone and i don't know what i did either... I am still trying to find out the source of the problem will tell you once I see a solution or i find out the cause of the problem Smiley Happy

Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

Same problem, following another thread on it; mine was fine during sync except it duplicates tracks; but since getting this message it's deleted most music, all podcasts, video & pics.  Waiting for BlackBerry to reply to my inquiry...

Contributor
My Carrier: Telus

Still haven't found a solution online.  Phoned BlackBerry head office today and had them transfer me to a tech who provided 3 options:

1) go to this website and search http://ca.blackberry.com/support/

2) Contact Telus, since they have people trained by BlackBerry - if they cannot solve it, ask the rep to call BlackBerry - they can do this via conference call

3) Pay BlackBerry tech, cost $50/hr

also came across this posting:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB26025&sliceId=2&cm...

part of the resolution is "Locate the affected file and remove it from the BlackBerry smartphone. If the error continues, then complete the following steps to format the internal memory on the BlackBerry smartphone."

How do I locate the affected file?

Contributor
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: MTN

I have observed this internal memory issue and I noticed that some files named 'FILE000.CH' keeps increasing now there are about 200 of such files numbered serially and located in the bb root folder.