Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

hts
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Bulk Erasing emails on 8820

I have hundreds of emails I want to erase from my 8820 device only.  There must be a way to erase them in bulk instead of deleting each one separately?
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Bulk Erasing emails on 8820

Yes, there is. You can use the Delete Prior function to delete e-mails prior to a certain date. Once you are in the Messages section, use the track ball to scroll to and highlight a particular date separator. Once the date separator is highlighted, press the menu key and select Delete Prior. This will delete all messages prior to that date.

You can also hold down the right shift key (I believe) and scroll the track ball down and that will select more than one message. Then you can press the delete key. 

hts
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks.  It works well.
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Keep in mind there is a difference between the two methods:  If you use the Delete Prior feature, it only deletes messages from the handheld, and will not synch those deletions back to your mailbox.  If you use the caps/num lock method, it will honor your setting for whether deletions should synch or prompt for synch.
posted by DigitalFrog