Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: o2

Bus over wifi issue

Hi
I'm looking for some advice for a ln issue I've just started having with my torch. I can use Bis over the mobile network but not over wifi. I have tried wifi at different locations but no luck. I've registered my phone on the blackberry network, I've tried service books but again makes no difference. I can use wifi to browse the Internet etc just not Bis. O2 are proving zero help as its a wifi issue, is there a way to contact blackberry directly?
Many thanks
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Bus over wifi issue

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I've read some things recently about O2 changing their service offerings and perhaps removing BIS access via WiFi. I cannot recall for sure, but you should get them to confirm if indeed you should even be able to do as you are attempting.

O2 has, however, fobbed you off...you PAY them for 100% of your services and 100% of your formal support...they are delivering neither to you right now. They have the ability to escalate cases that they cannot resolve into RIM...end users have no other free path by which to receive any formal support from RIM.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: o2

Re: Bus over wifi issue

Thank you that's exactly what I thought! Calling them back now!