Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Buttons Won't Work

I've had my Bold 9000 for almost a year.  All of a sudden, a few of my buttons won't work.  The trackball will move, but won't respond when I press down on it.  Also, the red hangup button and the letter a/* button also won't work.  I tried updating my software, but I'm as updated as it will allow.  I also tried removing my battery for a minute and putting it back in, but that didn't help either. 

What can I do at this point?  What could be causing this problem?

Thanks

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Buttons Won't Work

Hiya Matt!

It could be a variety of things. the most common is physical/liquid damage to the device for this type of issue.

Is there any visible damage to the device at all? Ever been dropped? Come in contact with water?

RIM_Bold_LDI.jpgwhat color is that little square?

Failling that, you can do a clean reload of your os, here is how to do it.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Device-Software/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-Syste...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

New Contributor

Thanks!  That square is white.   I guess I'll try reloading my os.

Matt

Forums Veteran I

Awesome, if its white it means there is no physical damage.

Please keep us all posted if the reload fixes it for ya! Smiley Wink

Cheers!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!

New Contributor

Raelic,

Thanks for your help, but no, it didn't work.  My phone was still under warranty so I ended up getting a new one since the reload didn't help.

Matt

Forums Veteran I

Ah well that isnt fun, well let me know how it goes!