Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: bell

Buttons don't work on my 9860

I have had this phone for about a year. My end call button does not work and my back button only works 1/2 the time. My blackberry button works about 3/4 of the time. I sent it away to get fixed while it was still under warranty, and surprise surprise, I was told it was due to moisture intrusion so therefore was not covered under warranty. The bell employees at the store checked for that and told me that the phone had not been wet, but once RIM opened it up at the repair depot, they saw corrocion on the board, so determined that it had gotten moisture in it. Apparently high humidity can cause this(so leave your phones in climate controlled rooms during the summer) and I have to buy a new phone if I don't want to pull the battery every time I get someones answering machine. This is my second blackberry in 2 years. My first was a bold that the screen went white 2 weeks after the warranty ran out. Go figure. I work in waterloo, and have pleaded with people to support our local business, but not anymore. I'm not paying for something that I know a year from now will not work, and I'll have to buy another one. I still have 2 years left on my contract with bell, and yet I don't have a phone that works. Stop making so many different models, and work on making 1 good one.