Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Buttons, trackpad & keys will not work

I have a looming feeling that my BB is dead, but I was wondering if anyone had any advice - or if they knew that if I took this to a cell phone repair store it would be a fixable issue.

At this point my CALL, MENU, BACK & END CALL buttons will not work. My END CALL button might work sometimes if I press really really hard. I can scroll with my track pad, but I can't select anything. So as you can see, I can enter into some programs, but I'm usually stuck there because I can't go back or end it. My SCREEN LOCK & MUTE buttons are also not working. And on top of all of this my keys are not working, a select few will work but obviously that doesn't help me. I've been typing on my touch screen.

I've done a battery pull, didn't think that would fix anything and it didn't. My phone has been starting in Safe Mode as well for some reason. So I just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas or if they've had a similar issue and was able to resolve it by taking it to a cell phone repair store. 

Thanks a lot!

Device info

Carrier: Rogers (AT&T)

Model info and OS version: Blackberry 9800, Blackberry OS 6

Apps installed: Twitter, Dropbox, Facebook, Wordsearch, Hangman

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Buttons, trackpad & keys will not work

Hello,

glamm wrote:

My phone has been starting in Safe Mode as well for some reason

That's the best hint...your "back" / "esc" key is stuck, for that's the key that, when booting, causes the BB to go into Safe Mode. You need to get that key un-stuck, and maybe the others will return to functionality. You may need a hardware repair technician.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................