Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

CAN'T CHECK CREDIT BALANCE OR LOAD CREDIT ON STORM

hi, i have a storm 9530 that i use for pay as u go. its been fine. but recently, have not been able to find out my credit balance on my phone or load the credit, it keeps dialing the numbers instead of putting it through. it started as my network started having network products a couple of days ago, they say its a technical problem, please help

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Aiman

Re: CAN'T CHECK CREDIT BALANCE OR LOAD CREDIT ON STORM

I have the same problem too...no one can help me yet. I use the blckberry storm 9530 and cannot check balance or reload credit using the eg *124# command for my network...the phone dial instead of sending service commands...

Even the blackberry service centre and distributor do not know y the problem happens...

This is the worst mistake blackberry ever made.even the cheapest handphones can use this command. Blackberry cannot??? Why?

Even this post - the blackberry support, cannot do anything after we complaint?

Plz blackberry support center... plz at least do something... im tired of this problem. Plz help us... don't make blackberry name shameful jz because u guys cannot settle this problem?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530, Verizon, 5.0.0.419

I never knew Storm 9530 was available for "pay as you go" services. I thought was for monthly billing something. But in my case, I dial #225, and I get a free text message from Verizon, telling me what my monthly bill is.Smiley Surprised

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Aiman

Yeah but im not using the verizon service.i only use prepaid DIGI service in Malaysia...the only way to check balance is by using the *126# but the phone will dial the number instead...

New Contributor
My Device: storm2 9550

this seems to be a prob with phones Verizon branded phones. at least in my case; I have a 9550 with a "pay-as -u-go" plan on the Digicel network in Barbados. Same prob as you guys. I'm supposed to see a tech guy in an hr or so who says he can solve my problem; will keep everyone posted! Wish me luck!

Hi. I too had this problem and tried to search around for solutions but couldnt find one. So i fiddled around with the settings and it worked ! I can now check my balance. all you need to do is go to Options

> Network and Connections > Mobile Network > Turn on your data servies and set your network technology to global.

Hope it helps!

New Contributor
My Device: 9630

Re: CAN'T CHECK CREDIT BALANCE OR LOAD CREDIT ON curve 9630

i have bb not checking blance 9630 pls can one help me in time

Re: CAN'T CHECK CREDIT BALANCE OR LOAD CREDIT ON curve 9630

Hello i had the same problem, but now i have fugered it out all u have to do is go to

OPTIONS>MOBILE NETWORK>click on the menu button>DIAGNOSTICS TEST>Click on the menu button again and Click RUN.

hope it helps!

My Device: verizon tour 9630
My Carrier: Airtel Nideria

pls i need ur assistance on d difficulty in checking my credit balance. pls i need ur assisitance on dis. wenever i try checking it just keep dialing like normal number.

My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: MTN

This may have come late but i'm sure it will help those experiencing the same problem in future. You need to key in your digits the normal way then before you press the dial (green) button press alt first. On my Blackberry Tour 9630 for example, for my airtime balance i dial *141# then press the alt key then the dial button. hope this helps you all