Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB 9700
My Carrier: DiGi

CANNOT LOG IN YAHOO MESSENGER ON BLACKBERRY - STARTED 7 JULY 2012

The model of my BlackBerry is 9700, v5.0.0.400

Since last Saturday, I have a problem to log-in yahoo messenger.  Many attempts until today but to no success ?

When I logged in, it eithers indicate INVALID YAHOO! ID OR PASSWORD or INTERNALL ERROR, PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATERI

Not sure if this is a BB or provider problem.  Can you help ?

I did come across an article solution to this problem which was dated in 2011 from a FeelDennis ?  Followed all the instructions but to no success ?

I really need the yahoo messenger to work on my BlackBerry.

Can someone please urgently help me with this problem?

Many thanks

Amy

Developer
My Device: 9900 - OS 7.0 Torch device
My Carrier: Reliance

Re: CANNOT LOG IN YAHOO MESSENGER ON BLACKBERRY - STARTED 7 JULY 2012

Hi
If other websites open in blackberry device, yahoo should also open. There is no special way of access. There might be a provider restriction. As this is a separate application like your third party application, please make sure you are following all provisions provided to access the any downloaded application. This may help you out to resolve the issue.
New Contributor

Yahoo Messenger log in problem - TQ vjkmr

Thank you vjkmr The thing that i do not understand is , it has been working for a long while, and only last Saturday , this issue occurred ? How and where can i seek help for this ?
New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: xl

i have the same problem with you. the same phone but mine is o.s 6.

it has happened since july 8th. 

ive done sooooo many things to overcome this but none of them works.

ive tried to log in on computer and my brother's bb, and it works, nothings wrong.

is it my phone or what?

please help. urgent

New Contributor

Re: helsalmaa ... CANNOT LOG IN YAHOO MESSENGER ON BLACKBERRY - STARTED 7 JULY 2012

So frustrating ..! Maybe Yahoo is facing problem ? surely it is not our phones ?? What do u think ?
New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: xl

Re: helsalmaa ... CANNOT LOG IN YAHOO MESSENGER ON BLACKBERRY - STARTED 7 JULY 2012

idk. i never had this problem before. it was the first time

so i guess its not our phones. not sure yet tho

New Contributor

Re: heysalmaa ... CANNOT LOG IN YAHOO MESSENGER ON BLACKBERRY - STARTED 7 JULY 2012

yup...the same with me...never had this problem before ?

hmm....i wonder how can we solve this issue ?

My Device: Curve 9300, OS5
My Carrier: Globe Philippines

I had the same problem as well. I was instructed by my service provider to back -up the files through BB Desktop Manager first and do the Master Reset or Wipe Handset and restore the files that was backed-up. I have not tried it yet though. Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Globe

[ Edited ]

Crissy_chan and others:

Wiping the phone and installing a new copy of OS DID NOT work for me.

Prior to wiping, I also tried restarting, battery pull, and deleting and reinstalling YM app many times. I was advised by Globe csr to wipe the phone. I did yesterday. After installing the new OS - and even before I restored my backup (old, suspect apps?) - I installed a new YM app and tried to logon to Yahoo; same problem. After restoring my backup, I tried three different versions of YM app I got on the Net; same problem. I tested my account on my friend's BB; it worked. My friend tested his account on my BB; it didn't work.

I was afraid that I was the only one having the problem, now apparently, I am not.

UPDATE: I called Globe again. I was told that there is an "enhancement" going on, and that it's affecting the BB service in the entire Asia-Pacific region. Enhancement? What BS! I have been reading these bad news about RIM on the Net for several months. Now the sh!t has finally reached our shores.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Globe

UPDATE again:  Still have the same problem. Called Globe again. This time the csr claimed that the so-called "enhancement" is finished. Yet, I am still having the problem. She wants to go over the diagnostics with me again. WTF?!  Man Mad

Hope you people have better luck.