Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

CAR MOUNT for the BB Storm

Check out my VIDEO

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: CAR MOUNT for the BB Storm

Another good idea from Jeff! Kudos and thanks! --Ken B. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Downloads: QuickPull, AppWorld, Roblock, TalkLock, Viigo, Bible, eBay, Google Maps, YouMail
Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Very nice!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Jeff - Pretty cool.  I am a new user to Blackberry so still looking for amy answers.

Where did you get the GPS software?  Does it give you turn-by-turn directions like a Garmin or Tom-Tom?

Thanks!

Super Contributor
My Device: VZW Storm 9530 OS. 4.7.0.148

Kudos to Jeff!!! 

Wish I could take credit for this Idea but you beat me too it. I am a truck driver and I had one of them side clamp style car phone holders (that worked great with the Voyager) but I had noticed that it would push the side buttons in and although they are not assigned to anything it would do funny stuff when a call, email, or text msg. came in. So I bought one of them Charging pods and mounted it to my dash like you did. It works GREAT!!!!  I used the 3M industrial velcro instead in case I wanted to take it out for any reason.

The only 2 problems I have noticed is..

1- the phone sits on dash and their for is in the sun for some part of the day and can get somewhat warm/hot..... Is that Bad?

2- on a really warm day it will make the glue/sticky stuff on the 3M tape to melt and dislodge its self from the dash. That has only happened once so really not a huge deal...  but it's only been in the 70's(Fahrenheit) down here so far,  wonder how that will work when we start getting in the 90's!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to resolve your thread.
Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer!
Please click Kudo's for those who provided help. Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Forums Advisor III

highrange101 wrote:

Kudos to Jeff!!! 

Wish I could take credit for this Idea but you beat me too it. I am a truck driver and I had one of them side clamp style car phone holders (that worked great with the Voyager) but I had noticed that it would push the side buttons in and although they are not assigned to anything it would do funny stuff when a call, email, or text msg. came in. So I bought one of them Charging pods and mounted it to my dash like you did. It works GREAT!!!!  I used the 3M industrial velcro instead in case I wanted to take it out for any reason.

The only 2 problems I have noticed is..

1- the phone sits on dash and their for is in the sun for some part of the day and can get somewhat warm/hot..... Is that Bad?

2- on a really warm day it will make the glue/sticky stuff on the 3M tape to melt and dislodge its self from the dash. That has only happened once so really not a huge deal...  but it's only been in the 70's(Fahrenheit) down here so far,  wonder how that will work when we start getting in the 90's!!!!

1.  mine is positioned where its not in direct sunlight, plus im not in my vehicle for more than 1hr at a time.  

2.  the 3m tape that i refer to is for automotive applications.  i have been using it for almost 15 years and it will not melt and loosen.  this kind of tape is used for a wide variety of automotive accessories from simply accessories, to body kits, so it is well proven in its use.  Just make sure to prep the area of installation with alcohol or any other surface prep products.

If you prefer velcro, you may have to go to another sorce to buy it other than walmart/kmart.  I would check with a local upholstery shop or auto electronics shop (not the big box stores) for a better velcro option, since the better velcro is only available is bulk rolls, you could just buy what you need.

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

Forums Advisor III

Tuxman wrote:

Jeff - Pretty cool.  I am a new user to Blackberry so still looking for amy answers.

Where did you get the GPS software?  Does it give you turn-by-turn directions like a Garmin or Tom-Tom?

Thanks!

the gps software im using is the preinstalled blackberry maps