Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: wind

Re: COMPLAINT about BOLD 9790 BATTERY LIFE

7.1 won't fix it I tried.

Mine still has a **bleep** battery, shows full then my device reboots randomly and its down to 20%

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Grameenphone

Thanks for the feedback snow_cow - so, we don't have any solution to this irritating battery problem Smiley Sad

Contributor

I'm starting to think the only fix is a lawsuit

I want a refund

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Vodafone

I had the same problem with my Bold 9790.  If you turn-off  'Wi-Fi' under Manage Connections at the top of the screen it dramatically increases the battery life.  The person at the Vodafone store told me that the device is constantly looking for a Wi-Fi signal if this is turned on.  Hope this helps. 

Highlighted
Contributor
My Carrier: 3HK

[ Edited ]

I GIVE UP.

I brought my 9790 in the service center, 1st time, they reinstalled it with a fresh OS. In less than a day of usage, bang,... all the problems are still there. Now they will send it to RIM for 14 working days to get it fixed. But i doublt the problems will be fixed. To enumerate:

1. Battery drain is too fast, always have to charge it in full, 7:45am, then i'm in the office at 8:55am, with a few email usage, and a very few minutes on the facebook, battery down to 85%. before I go to lunch at 12nn, its down to 55%. And this has the same result with another BB Original Battery.
  2. slow response - this goes with the buttons and keypad, and with the touchscreen.
  3. sometimes I can use FB or twitter, but email is constantly flowing.
  4. overheating
  5. this is the best problem of them all, no matter how much I scroll down, the pointer will always go back to the top.

I think this is a crappy version of BB. Now, i'm using my backup 9780, I did not had the chance to charge it in ful, so I left home with 85% battery. It is now 5:20pm here in my timezone, with already 200 emails received and 20 emails sent, considering viewing excel files, browsing facebook, reading and replying to notifcations, and whatsapp, I still have 40% battery left. Now this is the kind of BB I think we are talking about.

BB97980 beats BB9790's a$$ 100 =1.

RIM, you should make a product recall, and give us another version of BB.

My Device: BOLD 9790
My Carrier: pvt

Switch off wifi and don't overcharge u r cell phone just 90% is sufficient

Prashant

Contributor

Mine is now officially dead won't turn on battery is toast after just 2.5 weeks.

It got worse and worse as time went on then rapidly declined near the end.

My Device: Blackberry 9790
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi,

I am writing here after trying all possible ways to get my phone fixed. I am using BlackBerry 9790 from past 10 months, but from past 6 months my phone has gone for a toss.. Horrible battery backup and it restarts again and again, actually gets into a restart loop. Tough to manage, one cant rely, battery drains out in 15 minutes at times. Top of that service center guys are least bothered to solve the problem. They will just reload the software every time you go there. Honest review: Phone : 8/10, Company 5/10, after sales services 1/10.

Please help me how can I get my phone fixed up, this would be a great help..

Regards
Piyush Khandelwal

Bangalore (India)

New Contributor
My Carrier: MTN

quick question, i see 7 pages of complaints about the 9790 and it poor battery life.  beliewve me, I am not going to read through all of them. Has any one tried what was give on the second post of this thread?  Does it work????

any other fixes that we should we should know off.  i have treid now about the whole of article KB14320. let see if this works. if not its back to the drawing board.  at least i have a bb that work for now, and I still have my trusty old 9700.

BB 9790, OS 7.1 bundle 2039 (v7.1.0.714, platform 9.16.0.158)
Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: o2

Have tried them, and the effect is not startling.  However, that isn't really the point.  These types of phones should be designed with a decent battery life so that you don't need to restrict the way you use them.