Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Sprint

CRTranRec::GetLinkedRecordld:Invalid linked record ld

Get this error message when I try to sync. Read some posts, and deleted some facebook pictures, but can't seem to fix it.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: CRTranRec::GetLinkedRecordld:Invalid linked record ld

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

From what you've provided, I cannot tell exactly what your situation is (sync of contacts? Calendar? Something else??) nor what you actually have already tried...so we start at the beginning:

• KB31008"CRTranRec:: GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id" is displayed when synchronizing Contacts with BlackBerry Desktop Software
  • KB33247"CRTranRec:: GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id" is displayed when synchronizing Calendar with BlackBerry Desktop Software

Hopefully there is something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

The error message occurs only when syncing contacts. 4 contacts where listed as having conflcitng data. I deleted all 4 contacts from both the device and my computer, and I still receive the error message.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

So, somehow you were directed to 4 specific contacts earlier, and you completely deleted those entries from both Outlook and your BB. But even after doing that, you now still get the same error message, but this time you are not directed to any specific items with issues? Odd...

In any event, have you looked at all of your contact list items, seeking out any that have images (blank or otherwise), and attempting to cleanse them that way? Perhaps now it's unable to give you an indication of the specific item(s) at issue, yet they nevertheless are so.

Otherwise, you might try this thread:

It starts with a process for cleanly starting over, and there is some discussion, and there is also a post (15) with links to older Desktop Software versions, if those are needed. Note that this is not, by any means, guaranteed to work...but it has worked for many to resolve issues they are having.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

How do I determine an offending image, bank or otherwise?

Hall of Famer III

I don't know...I've never experienced the problem...others have posted threads with hints, but you originally posted that you "Read some posts", but I can't of course tell you if you read them all or not. I'd suggest you keep digging for posts from others that might have more hints for you.

Also do consider the warning in the KB itself...it's entirely possible that no workarounds will work for your situation.

Good luck!