Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: CURVE 8300
My Carrier: AT&T

CURVE 8300 UPGRADE TO 5.0??

I just got the 8300 series and wanted to upgrade to the most recent blackberry "thing"

I didn't realize each update version is limited to specific phone models...

is there a way to get the latest software on my blackberry 8300?? what's causing me to be inable to download the most recent software??

Blackberry's are pretty confusing... usually I just plug my iphone in and its done... You dont even want to know how long it took me to update just the BBMessenger!!

please help me =/

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: 8310 Curve
My Carrier: Optus

Re: CURVE 8300 UPGRADE TO 5.0??

hi, i have the same problem with my 8310. i have os 4.5 on my device with v 5.0 desktop manager. does anyone have any solutions to upgrade? when asked to update, i am only given the option for the current version or downgrading. at present, my bb seems to have random blackouts....

any ideas???

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Take a look at this sticky thread in this forum:

Xandrex is very kind to maintain a list of most recent OS levels from various carriers for many BB models. Find yours. Find the carrier with the OS level you want. Go to their download page via this portal:

Download the package and use these instructions to install it to your BB:

If you chose an OS package from a carrier other than your own, be sure to insert, between steps 1 and 2, the deletion, on your PC, of a file named VENDOR.XML

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Developer
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530
My Carrier: Boost Mobile CDMA

AFAIK, OS 5.0 isn't available for the 8300, only for the 8330.
BlackBerry Curve 8530
Carrier: Boost Mobile CDMA
16 GB microSDHC card installed