Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: curve 9380
My Carrier: du
Accepted Solution

CURVE 8520 - KEYS ARE NOT WORKING

Need assistance to guide as the qwerty pad, navigation and other keys are not working. when conncting the phone to laptop, the alarm confirmation appears and cannot cancel or open other file.

already restart the phone and removed the memory card but still problem occurs.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z 10
My Carrier: 21657896413

Re: CURVE 8520 - KEYS ARE NOT WORKING

Perfom a back up from your device information , the make an update if your device dont have any update make a force detection or just a reset of factory settings if the error continues you need a warranty replacement.

Back up steps:

For a backup of the data on a BlackBerry smartphone, complete the following steps:  

Click on Device from the upper left-hand corner of the BlackBerry Desktop Software and select Back up from the drop-down list, or simply click Back Up Now from the main screen of the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
    Mark the appropriate customization level ( Full, Quick, Custom).
    If your smartphone includes built-in media storage and you want to back up data that is stored there, select the  Files saved on my built-in media storage check box.
    Input a file name if desired, or leave the default text.
    Leave the  Encrypt backup file unchecked.
    Select Back up.

Update steps:

Connect the smartphone to the computer.
    On the home screen of the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Update.
        To download an update, click Get update.
        To view other available versions of the BlackBerry Device Software, click View other versions. If applicable, click another version. Click Install.
    Do any of the following:
        To keep a backup file of your smartphone data and settings, select the Back up your device data checkbox. This backup file is restored to the smartphone after the update is complete. If the data is not backed up, the smartphone data, settings, and email messages are deleted from the smartphone after the update is installed.
        To encrypt the backup data, click Encrypt backup file.
        Select the Keep me subscribed to email notifications checkbox to receive email updates when new versions of the BlackBerry Device Software become available.

Click Install update.

When the confirmation message that the update is complete is displayed, the BlackBerry smartphone may be disconnected.

Force Detection :

Remove the battery from the back of the BlackBerry smartphone.
Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB cable.
Once prompted to Retry, Update or Cancel, click Update. If available updates are found Desktop Manager will prompt you to Get Update, Update Later or View other versions
Click Get Update to install the recommended software version or View other Versions to manually select the version you wish to install and click Install.
In the Update Options screen there is the option to enter the email address to be notified in future when there may be new software versions available.

fill in the checkbox and enter the email address in the text field to receive email notifications
    uncheck the checkbox and leave the text field blank to not receive updates.

Reinsert the Battery which was removed in step 1
Click Install Update

Reset Factory Settings steps:

In the top right corner of the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click on the ? in the top right hand corner of the BlackBerry Desktop Software.
    Click Support Resources
    Then Support Tools
    Click the Reset button under the heading Reset to Factory Settings.

Any question let me know.!

Contributor
My Device: curve 9380
My Carrier: du

Re: CURVE 8520 - KEYS ARE NOT WORKING

I have done below information and updated the phone. the contacts and memo pad lists was gone. anyways it would be restore? informations in the memo pad are very important.