Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: CURVE as a GoPhone. Annoying Alert...PLEASE HELP BB EXPERTS!!!!

You may have to resort to revenge, Every time you get the message call the guy who sold it to you and yell DUH DING into the Phone.....course that would use minutes Smiley Wink

Don't forget to close the post when done!

Thanks!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

So this alert will stay with me forever?

UGHH

Guru I

Until you go to another plan!

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

I would say yes....or until you upgrade to a standard account.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Guru I

Please don't forget to close the post okay?

Thanks very much!

My Device: Not Specified

Ok to start off that message you get is a USSD message. Few prople in the US have ever heard of them because this is the first visible use of them to the consumers here. It is not SMS. You can read up on what little info there is about USSD if you like but...   There is no simple way to get these messages to go away.

I do know how to do it on a Windows mobile device though and can send a link with that info. I am in the process of learning how to do it in symbian right now. Basically in the windows one you change line in the ini and it will suppress all USSD messages. I am looking into how to do that in Symbian

I have no plans to figure out how to do it on BB myself though. My recommendation is to either figure out how to program BB or find someone that can and have them dig and see what they can do.

On any phone it should be as easy as writing a simple app to automatically dismiss all pop up USSD messages.

I'd love to see a petition for ATT to at minimum drop all messages that result in a 0.00 balance change like they did for the PYP users. I guess they don't know how to copy and paste the code/setting from one system to the other. Maybe someone could show them how to use the right click button on their mouse.

I actually have one nokia 5500 that has a firmware"bug" that when I get it right it will ignore all USSD messages. I love that phone for that.... Why can't they all do that.