Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9630 Tour
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Calendar Conflicts

In addition to actual appointments/meetings, I track "all day" events such as birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, etc on my calendar.  Whenever I have an all day event entered on the calendar, scheduled appointments show up in red.  Also, if I open the appointment, I see a message telling me that the appointment/meeting "Conflicts with another appointment on this Calendar".

I am sure that I am not the only person who uses their calendar to track all day events as well as scheduled appointments.  Has anyone found a way around this situation.  Is there another way to enter all day events so that they do show up on the calendar but don't create conflicts with scheduled appointments?  I realize this doesn't cause any true problems, but I would prefer that this not be "reported" as a conflict.

Thank you,

Ron Bernier

Ron Bernier
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: Calendar Conflicts

One solution is to enter the Birthday or Anniversay in that contact's informtion rather than in the calendar, and it will then show in the calendar.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Not Specified

Your solution to put the birthday in the calendar is fine, except, I don't have a contact entry for my 5 and 2 yr old. I would also like to have anniversaries. It seems all day re-occuring events disappear. Why? They are on the device and I tried syncing back device to outlook to get those appts back and that didn't work.....

Contributor
My Device: 9630 Tour

[ Edited ]

My solution for the birthdays of children was to add them to my contacts - name and date of birth only  Ex: Alex Smith  Birthday 10/21/2007

For anniversaries, I added the husband & wife as a contact with name and marriage date only.  Ex: Jim & Mary Smith  Anniversary  09/14/1996.

Message Edited by RBermoer on 04-17-2009 08:53 PM
Ron Bernier