Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Calendar Deletions Don't Sync?

I have my Storm (version 1) configured to sync (via help from Blackberry Desktop Manager) with Outlook.
Everything seems to work just fine (calendar items sync, changes sync into particular calendar events, etc between the two places; Outlook and BB), but deletions do not sync.

Example:
1. I create an event on Outlook calendar.
2. I tell Desktop Manager to sync the two.
3. It syncs just fine, and the new item appears on the BB's calendar.
4. I change something in the event on the BB's calendar.
5. I tell Desktop Manager to sync the two.
6. It syncs just fine, and the changes to that calendar event show up in the same calendar event on Outlook's calendar.

However...
7. I delete a calendar event on Outlook's calendar,
8. I tell Desktop Manager to sync the two.
9. Instead of syncing that event deletion to the BB and taking it off of the BB's calendar just like I have removed it from Outlook's calendar, it re-adds it to Outlook's calendar by syncing the still remaining copy of it on the BB over to the empty place on Outlook's calendar.

What's up with that?

Is there a way to get it to sync deletions instead of replacing them like that?
If not, then every time I want to delete something from my calendar, I will have to delete it from BOTH calendars, and that seems ridiculous.

Help?
Ideas?

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Calendar Deletions Don't Sync?

Update/Clarification:

Now it seems like deletions that happen on Outlook's calendar do sync to the BB, but deletions on the BB calendar don't sync to Outlook.

It doesn't seem to matter where the event is created. Whether I create it originally on the Outlook calendar or on BB's calendar, if I delete it on Outlook, then that deletion syncs to the BB and the event gets removed from the BB calendar, but not the other direction.