Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: ATT

Calendar Freezes and creates an error

Device info

Your carrier: AT&T

Model info and OS version: Torch 9800, 6.0 bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246)

Apps and free space

Free Space: 260.5MB

Did a battery pull fix your issue? No.  Tried this twice, but it did not fix it.

Problem:

Anytime I try to go into my calendar, everything freezes.  It doesn't matter if I am using the touchscreen or touchpad.  The only thing that fixes it is if I turn the phone off then back on.  Then I get this message: uncaught exception: application net_rim_bb_calendar_app(326) is not responding; process terminated.  After I press OK, I can continue to use the phone.  I can also open up individual calendar items that show up for the day, but just not into the calendar itself.

please help.  thank you!

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Calendar Freezes and creates an error

Mine has been doing the exact same thing... I have tried everything I can think of but so far no luck. Hoping you get some answers that I can use as well! Smiley Wink

My Carrier: SK Telecom

Mine too!!!! Also Torch!!!

New Contributor
My Carrier: ATT

still working on it.  so far i've tried all these things with AT&T tech support:

checked the battery

checked the battery prongs

battery pull

backed up my phone

downloaded the latest software (took forever)

rebooted the phone

restored the phone

and... it's still not working.

Next step for me is talking directly with Blackberry support folks.

I'd rather exhaust all possibilites before going through the warranty people to get a new device. 

I'll keep ya'll posted.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9330
My Carrier: CREDO

I registered on the forum for this reason. My calendar just one day froze when trying to access it. Nothing worked until I hit the phone cancel button, then everything else works fine. Has anyone found a solution, or a reason for this?

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

We have the same issue and just had the phone replaced 2 times. The calendar app will work fine until the restore is done then it freezes again. We had 4 hours on the phone with AT&T, 3 hours with BB support and then 1 hour in the AT&T device support center while they could not figure it out and just gave us a new phone.

If anyone can figure out what is going on please post....life without a calendar is bad!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9330
My Carrier: CREDO

I have an update of sorts that really isn't a fix and won't help at all. My calendar had stopped working, and if I tried to open it my BB would freeze until I hit the Exit (Cancel) button. One day I tried my calendar again, and it just worked. Can't explain why it went out, and why, months later, it just worked again. I have a Curve 9330, with CREDO as carrier.