Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Calendar Sync Issue - Unknown Error Occurred

Hello,

Upon synchronizing, while reading outlook calendar entries - getting the error "Unknown Error Occurred"

Traced problem back to IntelliSync, error message is:

DesktopMgr caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module MsOutlookApi.dll at 001b:0756dcc9 CurrentThread:0000CA9C.

Exception handler called in Intellisync.
Error occurred at 9/23/2008 10:17:26.

From  the stack dump, I can see the date of the appointment where the problem occurs.

It appears that it is having problems with some monthly recurring appointments. The only way I can get it to sync is if I remove all monthly recurring appointments, then move them back after the sync.

Environment is Windows XP Machine running Outlook 2007, server is Exchange 2003. Running Blackberry Desktop Software 4.6. The particular calendar I am having problems with is a Shared calendar.

Would like to submit this as a bug but I don't see any way to do this.

Any help/advice would be appreciated!

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Calendar Sync Issue - Unknown Error Occurred

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Please define the shared calendar ok?

Try this link:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11980&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Thanks,

If you need more information, please ask!

If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudos’ star.

Just check the post that had your answer!

Thanks 

Message Edited by Bifocals on 09-23-2008 02:49 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Hello and thank you for your response.

Unfortunately removing the C:/Documents and Settings/<user name>/Application Data/Research In Motion/ folder did nothing to correct the problem. After setting up configuration again, I got the same error message/crash.

Can you tell me what you mean by 'define the shared calendar'?

It is a calendar in the shared exchange folder - meaning it can be updated and edited by all members of the exchange group.

Also another thing I tried is to set up sync on a totally different computer with a new install of 4.6 on the off change my add/remove of old blackberry desktop clients was leaving some old, incompatible file. However, I still got the crash, at the same calendar appointments.

Thanks again for the help!

Guru I

Hi, it sounds like a corrupt record.

Read this article and see if it applies:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02659&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Please let me know!

Thanks

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

Hello,

Thanks again for the reply. I did see that article - but it seems to be geared for version 3.5, and the resolutions do not seem to match up. However, I looked over the corresponding entries in the registry and everything seems to be correct.

It processes through about 1000 out of 2600 calendar entries before it crashes, which furthers my belief that it is a bug in MsOutlookApi.dll.

Also note that if I remove the monthly recurring entries, it allows the sync to complete fully.

I had read on another forum that an initial space in a calendar entry could cause this, but I've always removed any such offending spaces. Don't know if that matters or not.

Thanks,

-Dave

Guru I

Hi,

That's correct, it's usually caused by a space, invalid symbol, or a corrupt picture file.

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
New Contributor

I've checked all of the records, and nothing stood out as being able to cause a mature program like Blackberry Desktop to crash - they were plain text, no picures, nothing like that. The only thing that sets them apart is that they are recurring.

Do you have anywhere I can submit a bug report to RIM?

For the software to crash on this really makes me not want to recommend it to anyone!

Thanks,

-Dave