Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

AB6
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9900
My Carrier: o2

Re: Calendar Sync

i have now done what everyone else seems to have done- which is to go back to the old version. works a charm!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: 02 UK

This seems to be a sensible approach -- and one which I will try.  

When BlackBerry updated its desktop software to v 7.0.0.59, it appears RIM saw fit to ditch the Intellisync module which was at the heart of previous desktop software versions; Intellisync was previously the preferred sync module for Motorola mobile phones and early smartphones.

This is another classic BB/RIM instance of 'it if ain't broke don't fix it'.  I rely on my BB for my small consultancy business, but I think I now have come to the end of the road.  RIM never seems to test any software upgrades prior to releasing to customers and the general public, and neither does it appear that any developers are bothering to  build new apps for a moribund platform owned by a company which is stifled by its lack of innovation and customer-responsiveness.

New Contributor

Happy to confirm that uninstalling BBSM v7 and re-installing v6 is the way to go:-)

My Device: 9300 Curve
My Carrier: Telus

Same problem.  My issue is recurring appointments - have to delete 'em.  

Sucks when an upgrade kills what was working B4 !

New Contributor
My Device: bb 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

For me this solution doesn't work: something to delete in BB ro in some register file?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Try the following sequence (on the basis you are using a laptop/PC running Windows):
(1) Do a complete uninstall of BBSM v7
(2) Do a hard re-boot of your laptop/PC
(3) Install BBSM v6
(4) Re-set your BBM device ('battery-pull')
(5) Set up the sync relationships between your laptop/PC PIN and your BB device again from scratch (I sync with MS Outlook 2003)
(6) Synchronise your BBM device.

If this still does not work, you may need to delete the BBSM registry keys after uninstalling v7 and then re-installing v6, but I do not think this is necessary. If you do decide to delete the BBSM v7 registry keys/edit the registry you MUST back-up your laptop/PC registry first. WARNING: Editing registry files may brick your laptop/PC OS -- SO PROCEED WITH CARE ONLY AS A LAST RESORT.

The above steps (1) to (6) worked for me, so I did NOT edit/delete registry keys. If you want to go down this road, then I leave it to wiser heads than mine to assist you.

Talprofs