Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Calendar alerts not happening

My calendar entries have little yellow bells by them, but the Bb's not giving any kind of audible alert tone or vibration when the appt. is due. I've looked in calendar options, profiles, where my Bb is set to "normal," and settings, but nothing about setting the calendar alerts is there.  It seems like such a simple issue--anyone know how to turn on the calendar alert?

Thanks so much for your time, and best wishes! 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: Calendar alerts not happening

You have to first click on your profile icon, then scroll down and select advanced. Then click on normal if that's what you use. Then you will see all the things you can change the tone for. Click calendar and adjust as you wish, just remember to hit the back key and save.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
New Contributor

Thank you so much for responding with such detailed how-to.  I just have one remaining question.  How do I see the alert options once I'm in calendar after choosing the profile?  I've clicked on profiles, chosen "loud" by clicking the trackball, and then I'm presented with the original screen of icons.  I then click on calendar so I can see the options for alerts, but instead I just see my opening calendar page.   I really appreciate your time and help...very generous of you, and I hope it comes back to you many times over. 
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Once you click Profiles, scroll to the bottom of the choices and click Advanced. Then in the screen that appears next click the Active profile. From there you can edit the Calendar settings
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Highlighted
New Contributor

After searching the forums for this exact topic I finally found it. Glad I didn't have to start a new one Smiley Happy

I've had my BB for approx 2 weeks. I'm using a BB Curve 8330 with v4.5.0.77 and I'm on Verizon.

I've done all the steps that you all suggested for getting the calendar alerts to work and NOTHING has helped. I've tried pulling the battery and stuff like that. I set myself multiple test events and nothing happens like it should. All of my profiles are set to have the phone tone alert out of holster and vibrate only when in holster. It does neither of these. While I type I even set a test event...no alert.

Any further ideas to solve this issue?