Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Calendar events deleted

It appears that past events are being automatically deleted.  Is this by design or is there some way to stop it from happening?  I have a 8310 and use Pocketmac.  
Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Calendar events deleted

From the BlackBerry calendar press the menu key and select Options. Change the Keep Appointments option to however long you want them to be kept.
New Contributor

Hi,

well, ... no. "Keep" is set to forever on my 8310 and still events that are - in my case - older that roughly 3 weeks are being deleted. My software version is 4.2.2.176 (a bit old because it is so hard to update via mac).

Can the problem have any other origin?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Are you also having emails and sms messages deleting sooner than normal?

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

sms date back to June 19, e-mail back to march but strangely they don't seem to be complete. WOW.... I did not even check this so far! Panic! There is a 2GB chip in the device so memory should not be an issue except that stupid thing is only using it for music - which I would never use / need.

Aaaaaargh!!!

Guru I

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums,

You are having a memory issue.  Your memory card is not in play, as this is a device memory problem.

Please read this post and take the steps mentioned.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=3566#M3566

Please let me if you need further assistance!

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-11-2008 10:53 AM

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

Hi and thanx for the warm welcome!

hm - ok, so that means that we are having a 2GB Device here that is working on 15MB of memory only. Very up-to-date, I have to say. This kinda crashes my image of a modern communications device. I have to say that I am shocked.

All pictures and music are already on the memory card, of course. Is there any way to use the MemoryCard for useful things besides music and pictures? Like e.g. having it store messages and events? Because if not this would mean that even by deleting almost all the apps in the device I will run into memory problems again more than soon.

What to do?

Guru I

Your media card is just that, for pictures, music etc. You can't store attachment etc.

Look in options- status and send back the numbers for file free and file total.

Look at file total, that is the memory of your device.