Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Calendar events repeated in Outlook after synching

Can anyone tell me how to avoid having the same appointments duplicated on my handheld after I sync.  I have synchronized my curve 8330 to outlook, but now I have every appointment 3 times on my calendar.  How wipe my calendar clean completely and start over, and how do I avoid having a particular appointment or task repeated?  Thanks for any help.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Calendar events repeated in Outlook after synching

Ensure that when your are syncing your device both way.

Try going to the synchronize option in desktop manager, Then configuration tab, then configure sync,. ensure the arrow is pointing both way to sync the device to outlook and visa versa.

If you do this though with duplicates on your device, it will duplicate them back onto your outlook which would be a problem. Clear all your current calender entries on device first.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Calendar events repeated in Outlook after syncing

[ Edited ]

If your Outlook calendar is correct, then clean the blackberry calendar.

go to calendar  select agenda view and stay in it menu key go to date

Pick a date that is beyond any of your appointments (I picked May 2009)

hit menu -  Delete prior

Your calendar on the BB will be cleaned.

In Desktop software reset synch options.  Start sync config select sync one way from Outlook to BB calendar. Only sync calender at this point.

You can then sync with Outlook and duplicates will be gone.

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Don't forget to turn your sync options for all items back to two way when your done!

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-11-2008 01:44 AM
Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-11-2008 01:58 AM
Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-11-2008 02:05 AM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I tried deleting calendar items on my BB the way that you suggested.

1. Go to agenda view

2. Pick a date in the future

3. Delete prior items

It asks to confirm that I want to delete prior items.  However, even after I confirm to delete prior items, the appointments remain.

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Before I wrote that I did it on my own device to make sure I had all the options correct. I did notice later, that the tasks

remained. I'm sorry but that is the best I know to do. I would suggest at this point you can either manually delete the BB calendar appointments or if you have a good backup from before this happened, do a wipe on your handheld.

As bumblepie suggested doing a synch at this point would just compound the problem. I suggest before you wipe, wait until a few more people read this post and see if they can help you.

I really thought I had you fixed! Sorry, but it worked on mine.

Let me know if I can help in any way. I did a search but I couldn't find another resolution other than a device wipe.

P.S. you might try it again and then pull the battery while the phone is on and reset it!

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-11-2008 01:18 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter