Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Calendar is not synchronized with Blackberry Desktop Software 6.0.0.40 using Win7 and Office 2007

This is exactly what is happening to me. Win 7 64 bit, Outlook 2010. I upgraded from the previous desktop manager 5 to this desktop software 6.0 and can only sync my Outlook address book, not my Outlook calendar. It just shows "Calendar (not installed)." I have tried uninstalling 6.0 (can't--get a registry error) and reinstalling 6.0 from a Blackberry download. I can't reinstall it because it only gives me the repair and remove option--both stop with the registry error! HELP! So far, the only (annoying) workaround I have been able to find is, when you are creating an Outlook event, send from another email address that is not registered to your Blackberry--and email to your Blackberry email as "invite attendees" on the Outlook event menu. Then, when you get the email on your Blackberry, click on the blue field up at the top and accept the invitation. It will put the event on your Blackberry calendar. What a workaround!

My Device: 9630
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Calendar is not synchronized with Blackberry Desktop Software 6.0.0.40 using Win7 and Office 2007

I upgraded to the 6.0 and my calendars and address book will not sync to my outlook. It is very frustrating. I have a bb 9630 Tour

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

This worked for me as well.  Thanks for the great tip!

New Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Same problem.  I am using BIS and have no other calendar applications installed on my Blackberry 9000.

This is a serious show-stopping bug. 

Desktop Manager should indicate an error instead of just ignoring the configuration change.  Whatever explanation or workaround RIM comes up with does not excuse this sloppiness. 

I can't understand why RIM employees have not acknowledged the problem in this forum.

New Contributor
My Device: BB Bold 9000

[ Edited ]

"I did the same thing today: using a BB Curve 8330, installed BB Desktop software 6.0.0 and noticed the calendar had "(not installed)". I found something that worked for me - surprisingly quickly - which you may want to try. You have to go into your "Options" on the BlackBerry and, under "Advanced Options," look at "Default Services." Your calendar should list your email under it and not at app (mine was reading Facebook). Try this even if you told the Facebook app not to integrate with your calendar. I disconnected then reconnected my BB and the sync started immediately for my calendar. You will need to configure your settings first."

thanx abrogan....yes it worked for me too :-)

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: vodafone

[ Edited ]

This didnt work for me as i have my email address set as default for both "Calendar" and "messaging", yet I have the same problem

My Carrier: Etisalat Egypt

Works for me, Thanks Abrogan Man Very Happy

New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

It doesnt work for me as my calender is set to the correct setting on my handset as had that problem with facebook with old version of desktop sync and sorted it that way.  There has to be another problem that Blackberry should know about !!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

didnt work for me... any other solution?
My Device: Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

Hey All,

Well I am somehow facing the same problem! I am unable to select Outlook (does not exist) from desktop applications list while configuring the synchronization of calendar and address book. I am only seeing the ASCII Importer/Exporter and Yahoo!

Using the previous version I was able to do a synchronization very easily!

I am using Windows7 and Microsoft office 2007.

Any suggestions or advises?

Thanks in advance!