Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Calendar keeps syncing data already synced

Why does Calendar sync keep trying to sync Outlook with my 8110 things already synced.

Not using Exchange or Enterprise Blackberry.

XP with Outlook 2002

Thanks,

Ricky

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Calendar keeps syncing data already synced

Hi and welcome to the foums!

Please be more specific, OK?

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

because that's the way a Blackberry synchronization works. you take everything on one side, and everything on the other side, and you compare what has changed.

you could do a more clever work by just looking at the elements that have changed since last time or that have beeen created/deleted since last time, but there is no "lastupdatetime" on events so that is not possible.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Not sure if this reply posted so I'm redoing this:

During my sync, the first category is Calendars and it says that Outlook has x numbers of additions.  When I look at the details, I realize that they have already been added to my phone from previous syncs however with Tasks, Memos and Address Book the sync is smarter and doesn't try to sync anything already on my phone.  Are you saying that it's normal for Calendar to sync everything but not the Tasks, Memos?

BTW, I am just using the PIM [Calendar, Task, Memopad, Address Book] no email such as Enterprise or Exchange.

Thanks.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I do not know.
Maybe processing Tasks & Memos is faster than processing calendar events.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I don't think it is a 'faster' issue since I have to confirm all the syncs for each category whether cal, tasks, memos etc if/when I do make changes to them.