Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8830
My Carrier: telefonica

Calendar not installed bb device v6.00

Hi, I just installed V6.0 on my PC, and it keeps telling me that my calendar isn't installed. in earlier versions i sync with my outlook calendar (device) but now its impossible. I'seen a lot of people asking the same questions with no answers. I would gladly thank you for a solution

My Device: Blackberry Flip 8230
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Calendar not installed bb device v6.00

I am operating on Windows XP Pro with Outlook 2003.  My phone is an 8230 Pearl.  When I attempt to configure my Outlook email on DM6, Outlook is not an option.  My only two options are ASCII importer/Exporter and Yahoo!. I have clean uninstalled and re-installed.  I have checked my calendar settings on my Pearl.  This has consumed way too much time... 

My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I am on XP Pro and lotus notes. I have desktop 6.0 installed and get the Calendar (not installed) message as well

New Contributor
My Device: CURVE 8330
My Carrier: Bell-Aliant

Same here. I wrote more in detail what my issue is. Search for my post and see if you have the same issue with an Unknown calendar.

Maybe someone from RIM will see it and help out.

Kris

My Device: BOLD 9700
My Carrier: vodafone

Hi. I am the same. I did the update 6 and now my calendar wont sync with outlook (I am using Windows Vista).  Everything worked fine until i did the latest update!  Now on desktop manager it says calendar "not installed". I try setting it in configuration, but it still says not installed.  Tried manually adding the calendars where it says you can "map" in advanced, but to no avail.  This is a BIG problem RIM, please respond to us urgently!  Thank you

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Backup your BlackBerry device.

Then Wipe your Handheld

Restore your Backup without the calendar and calendar all.

Then try to configure the calendar again.

You are going to thanks me later.

My Device: Curve 8320
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I agree.  I spent many hours trying to fix the problem: reinstalled desktop & handheld, deleted, poked, researched... at the end, I had to do a complete wipe out (under security opt, general settings... different from soft or hard reset) to get my cal back.  Save time and frustration and do a wipe out (don't forget to back your data).  Thanks, Geo23.

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sprint

No need to wipe!  Seems that once you install the new Desktop software it changes some settings on the phone.  Do the following on the phone:

Options -> Advanced Options -> Default Services

Makes sure that your Calendar (CICAL) is associated with your Outlook email address.

Once you save and go back into the Desktop software you should set up your settings for Calendar.  You may need to reset before you do that.

New Contributor
My Device: CURVE 8330
My Carrier: Bell-Aliant

I had tried everything and the only solution for me was to wipe the phone. But I had an "Unknown" calendar that would not leave. See my above posting for more info.

Kris

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hello, anson

Thanks for the suggestions - but it didn't work. I changed the Calendar setting on the BB, deleted and re-installed the desktop software, but as soon as I connected the BB to the desktop the '(not installed)' re-appeared next to 'Calendar'.