Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Calendar on Blackberry

I am hoping someone can either give me instructions on how to or direct me to another solution.  I am a newbe on the Blackberry.  I have it synched with my outlook calendar.  What I am trying to do is be able to view my calendar for the whole month, but have the days that have appointments have colors that correspond to that appointment.  I used to have the Palm Treo and there was a program where I could put a picture on that day so by just viewing the calendar I was able to know what was going on that day instead of having to open each day.  I don't want to have to view by week either.  I actually need to see what the whole month is.  Any suggestions?  Thanks for your help.

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Calendar on Blackberry

If you want to view the whole months view just go to Calendar -> click on Menu button -> select View Month. Now if you want always start with month view then go to Calendar -> Options -> General Options -> under Views -> Initial View Month.

If you choose to view the whole months calendar at a time then you won't be able to view exactly what appointment is set in your calendar.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Thanks I appreciated your quick replay.  I did figure out how to change the view and the default view.  What I was trying to do is to be able to make the block a set color.  For example, Saturday and Sunday have a different color than the regular days.  The current day is set to blue.  I wanted for example to set the Friday block to Red, every other Wed to Green, etc.  This way by looking at the full calendar, the color would tell me what appointment was that day.  Is there a way of doing this?  Thanks.
Contributor

I am also a newbe to BB, so don't know if I am any help.  This trick would also be helful to me, I have three jobs and three kids.  None of the jobs have what you would call a regular schedule (ie. firefighter/every third day, ER nurse/only some of my off duty days, another job/ other off duty days).  It would help if I could view next month on a whole and know which days are what without having to go through each individual day.

However, if I set an event as an "All day Event" it will make the date numbers on that day BOLD on the monthly view.  I have done this with my 'shift' days, as we work 24 hour shifts.  This only leaves me to look at the other two days to see what I have scheduled/available for other appts.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I would think this would be helpful to a lot of people.  I too work three jobs and need to see the whole view.  I didn't think it would be that hard to get a solution for.  I may have to call someone.  Thanks for the tip on the all day event.  That will help with at least one of my jobs.  Hopefully we will get an answer.  If I call and get some insight I will post it here.