Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Calendar sync problem - opposite of everyone else!!!

Hello everyone.

I have recently upgraded my device and my DM. I know have a problem that seems to be the exact opposite of the one everyone has...!

Since upgrading my DM to, when I sync with Outlook it transfers to Outlook all the appointments I have in the mobile associated with my personal account (btw: small office, only BIS). As on the device I have two emails (work and personal), I was more than happy to keep my personal calendar items out of the exchange calendar...! Now they all go in with the work items and they aren't even marked with a different colour! Obiously I checked the CICAL settings, and the main account is the work email, as it always was.

Since the first 8110, through the 8300, 9800, and now the 9900, it has always been like I described, and now something has changed...!!!

Can someone help me please???

Thank you all very much!

New Contributor
My Device: TORCH 9850
My Carrier: VERIZON

Re: Calendar sync problem - opposite of everyone else!!!

I have the same issue. The e-mail address selected for CICAL or, for that matter, Contact List (SYNC) which are the "alternate" calendars, are seemingly ignored during the sync and, sync the "standard" calendar. Even when I designate a secondary folder on the OUTLOOK side to match up to the alternate calendar, the sync wants to take the "standard" calendar from OUTLOOK.

TORCH 9850 on VZWs most current software release, OUTLOOK 2003, all updates applied, and the Desktop Manager noted above. btw, My "alternate" e-mail & contact book are gmail's.

I look forward to a solution.