Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: MTS
Accepted Solution

Calendar wiped out error 0x80040fb3

Hi All,

I have just had all my calendar items in Outlook wiped out after a sync with my Blackberry 9530. This is the second time in the past 2 months it has happened. I received an Intellisync error code 0x80040fb3.

The calendar items are still on my BBY, but I cannot get them to sync back into Outlook. I have changed the syncronization direction in Intellisync from two-way sync to one-way sync going from the device to Outlook and it still doesn't work. One quirky thing is this: In Intellisync, I have the Calendar Date Range set to transfer items that are between 180 days prior to today and  7000 days after today. Dates in my Outlook older than the 180 days prior are still there. I don't want to re-enter all these calendar items by hand again, like I did about 2 months ago.

Outlook 2007, Exchange 2003

DM 5.0.1.41 (July 7, 2010)

Desktop Redirector ver. 3.6.0.71

BBY Software v 5.0.0.419

New Contributor

Re: Calendar wiped out error 0x80040fb3

Here is an update to my first post.

After rebooting my computer and attempting another sync, I am now receiving error message 0x8004fceb. I hope this helps some.

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Verizon

Hate to say it but with any 0x800 errors it leads to an issue with the device. We are looking at the calender is corrupted. Normally to take care of this error a few things needs to be performed. You can try advanced logging but I would really need to walk you through how to read the log. What has happened is possibly a software update has taken place and you are probably with Verizon. Well during the update it corrupted the calender database and when you synced it corrupted the Outlook database.
First step is to advnace log KB01451

Second step is to back up KB23680

thrid you need to do a security wipe KB14058

Fourth sync with Outlook

Fifth would be a selective restore of everything but the calender database.

New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try it when I get a chance.

Here is another update to the story. Last Friday (April 15), I installed the same Blackberry software on my GM's computer. A hard drive crash forced me to do a reformat and complete re-install of all his software. On my initial sync with his 9530 I received the same error message. The BBY software I installed was the same as what he had before the crash.

Additionaly, I plugged my BBy into my computer this morning for a battery charge and received an error 0x8004fceb. Do you have any further ideas?

BTW, I am in Manitoba, Canada and our carrier is MTS, not Verizon.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S II SkyRocket (yes, Android)
My Carrier: AT&T

Your new experience seems to support the idea that the calendar on your BB has become corrupt. I suggest you follow the recommendations Jnoppo has provided.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks Jnoppo! I've been out of the office for a while and followed your instructions as soon as I could. It worked like a charm, although I had no idea how to interpret the logs generated in the first step. The calendar was the problem. Everything is working good now.