Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Sprint

Calendar won't sync since upgrading software

I have a Curve 8330, v.4.5.0.186, and use Sprint. I sync to a Mac OS 10.5.8. Since downloading the Blackberry Desktop Manager software update [v.1.0.3 (build 19)] the other day, my iCal no longer syncs to my Blackberry. When I try, it takes 20 minutes to indicate it is 1/3 done, 10 more minutes for 2/3, the 10 more to say it is complete, but the calendar in my Blackberry does not get updated, although it appears a few existing items get duplicated, but no new ones show. Please help!

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Re: Calendar won't sync since upgrading software

Hi and welcome to the forums Katcha! Smiley Happy

A couple of places for you to visit: Blackberry 101     Tips & Tricks

This forum is intended for introductions so tell us some more about yourself.  We love to have new people here.  You can also try looking here for help on your issue:   BB for MAC

Happy to have you here! Smiley Very Happy

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telefonica

I have the same problem with Sync. I have BB Desktop software version 1.0.3 (build 19). Mac Os X 10.6.3 and Entourage version 12.2.4.

My BB is a Bold 9700

My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Bell

I am in the same boat (Calendar will not synch) and just hitting my head against the wall. Please help!

I have even tried removing the groups in the calendar with no luck, only the "A sync error occured. Please retry the sync". I have re-started, rebooted and reinstalled everything I could think of.

I am using BlackBerry Desktop Manager 1.0.3 (build 19) with my BlackBerry Storm 9530 with software version 5.0.0.419, on my Mac OS 10.6.3.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Can you tell me what version of Blackberry desktop manager for MAC you are running?

What type of connection are you using?

Here is the link to the main support page  BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac

I have also attached some of the links that have been involved in similar problems.

I would suggest that we ask the moderators to move this thread to the BlackBerry® for Mac

forum. The MAC users there are extremely knowledgeable, and you will get more specific information.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB19956Clear all data from the iCal application

KB22255"The previously selected items are no longer available" appears during synchronization in BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer

Please do not double post!

Katcha please close your thread in the 9650 forum.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Visitor
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: verizon

I have the same problem.  I'm a new Mac user and I'm trying to learn all the ins and outs.  I, too, created a new iCal calendar "on my Mac" in addition to calendars "in the Cloud," but new events on this calendar do not sync to my BB. Everything else seems to sync okay.

CIP
Contributor
My Device: New Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Rogers

I have an 8520. I had no problem syncing my blackberry calendar to my Mac calendar using Desktop Manager for MAC until recently, after the most recent update . The Blackberry calendars that show in the Desktop Manager calendar window as "READ ONLY".  I have no problem creating new appointments on my Blackberry... I just can't get them to transfer onto my Mac calendar.  I went to the Apple store figuring that icloud had something to do with it, but they told it did not.  Anybody know how to get rid of the "READ ONLY" feature?  Maybe that will correct the issue. 

Guru I

Hi,

Is this applicable to your sync problems?

Let us know!

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB24676 Known synchronization issues between BlackBerry Desktop Software and the new MobileMe calendar from Apple

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

CIP
Contributor
My Device: New Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Rogers

This is exactly the issue I'm having with the calendar syncs between my Mac and Blackberry.  Minor differences in the screen shots.  

I'm with Rogers Wireless and they offered a work around.  You need a backup of your Blackberry data.  They got me to clear my calendar database on my Blackberry and then restore it.  Then I synced it with a calendar on the MAC.  It seemed to work but who knows for how long.

Highlighted
Guru I

Hi,

I'm not sure why the error occurred but the advice you got from Rogers was correct.

Here are reference articles and the user guide.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB21901 An error appears during synchronization after the default calendar service is changed on the BlackBerry smartphone

KB21318 How to reset sync history for a BlackBerry smartphone using BlackBerry Desktop Software

BlackBerry Desktop Software User Guide Version: 2.0.1