Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: SaskTel

Calender Notification quit after installing os 6 on 9800

I should have left well alone!! I did a software update to os 6 and now my default calendar is missing and my notifications don't work. The only "Send Using" options available are facebook and my email address. I believe this use to have "Default" as the only option because when I look back at my past appoints they were all "Default". I have tried everything that I can think of, did a number of searches, read all sorts of forums but noting specific to my problem. I need to resolve this ASAP. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Calender Notification quit after installing os 6 on 9800

Hi hailfreind and welcome to the forums!

1. From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, click Options.
  2. Click Device.
  3. Click Advanced System Settings.
  4. Click Default Services.
  5. Select the drop-down list next to the Messaging (CMIME) field.
  6. Click the email account to be set as the default messaging service.
  7. Repeat step 5 on the calendar  CICAL field
  8. Click the email account to be set as the default calendar service.
  9. Display the menu and select Save.

Open your calendar>press menu and select options. Do you have multiple calendars with appointments or a calendar named device default with appointments?

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB17992 Using the Calendar application on a BlackBerry smartphone that supports multiple Calendars

KB11471 How to change the default email account on the BlackBerry smartphone

KB19240 How to merge multiple calendars into one calendar on the BlackBerry smartphone

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: SaskTel

Re: Calender Notification quit after installing os 6 on 9800

Hi Bifocals n thx for the quick response. Under CMIME I only have my email address, facebook isn't present. Under CICAL I have both. I changed it to my the same as CMIME.

Under calendar>options I have under Accounts, Default, Facebook and my email address. When I go to set up an appoint at the top above the Subject I have the option of Send Using: facebook or my email address only, Default is not present. All appoints in my calendar prior to downloading OS 6 were Default and my reminders worked.

At this point I seem to have my reminders working again when selecting Send Using facebook or my email address. I had set an number of future appoints prior to the download of OS 6 and all these remain set at default. Time will tell if the reminder goes off for these.

Thx for your input. I hope I don't have to return to here.

Regards,

Hailfriend