Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Call Buttons/BB Button and Trackpad sporadically stop working.

Hi There!

I've been running into this problem where none of the physical buttons ontop of the slider work randomly. The physical keyboard works, but the buttons don't. It makes it annoying because I can't exit applications...or pick up calls...or hang up calls that I inadvertently make. What's going on?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Call Buttons/BB Button and Trackpad sporadically stop working.

Hello Rflaherty,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Smiley Happy

Has this issue been the case since you purchased the device or did it begin to occur a few days later?

I would suggest getting access to a PC with your USB cable and device and try these steps first:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11320&slic...

Make sure that you test your buttons before restoring the backup file for your device.

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

Cheers,

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Call Buttons/BB Button and Trackpad sporadically stop working.

There were no updates availible, so that didn't help! Now I'm noticing that the physical keyboard doesn't work either. Should I just return this and get a new one? It'll work fine for a day at a time, but then totally lock randomly and then not unlock ever without a battery pull-and sometimes that doesn't fix the problem.