Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9630 Tour
My Carrier: VODAFONE INDIA (Postpay)

Call Failed plus Congestion error.

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I own a Blackberry Tour 9630 around 3 years back and resides in INDIA. Till Now The Phone Was Being Operated Smoothly Without Any Consequences.

Since, past one week I have been facing problem while placing calls. Outgoing/incoming calls are not connected. Wwhile Making An Outgoing Calls, it shows an error- "Call Failed" after few seconds and sometimes if call is connected it goes off to silent automatically after 3-4 seconds and the same error occurs. Sometimes It Also Shows Congestion Error

When Someone Calls, i.e..., incoming calls it says "The number is dialed is either switched off or not reachable.

Whereas My Phone Is Switched On With 100% battery and network signal of  5 bars.

Few Days Before The Network Status Switched To GSM Automatically From Edge. And Sometimes It Shuffles Between Edge And GSM

My Carrier Is VODAFONE INDIA (Postpaid). Since The Problem Arises, the network bar also declines.

I Have Already Replaced My Simi Card 2 Days Before. I Inserted My Sim Card Into Another Handset And It's Working Well In That Set And When I Inserted Another Sim Of The Same Carrier Or Any Other Carrier Into BB TOUR 9630 The Same Problem Persists.

I Also Tried Security Wipe And OS Re-installation.

The details of My BB are as follows

PIN: **Removed**

OS version: v5.0.0.983 (bundle 1615, platform 4.2.0.428)

FILE FREE: 112461488 BYTES

Please help to resolve this problem as early as possible.

please let me know if you need any information from my side **Removed**

Thanks & waiting for your assistance.

Edit: Email and PIN removed. At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Please review the Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use. for further information

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Call Failed plus Congestion error.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

With a strong carrier network signal (e.g., not merely WiFi), I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Reboot

• With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.
  • See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

HELLO, I TRIED TO FOLLOW THE STEPS BUT NOTHING PROVED GOOD. 

WHEN I SEND A MESSAGE FOR HRTIT DISPLAYS THAT REGISTRATION MESSAGE SENT BUT THERE IS NO REPLY IN RETURN. PLEASE SUGGEST.. I AM VERY MUCH FEDUP OF THIS HANDSET. 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Failure to properly complete any step means falling out of the steps to what I said at the end. Contact your mobile service provider...consider, it is their network with which your device is having trouble communicating. Only they can look at their systems to possibly determine why you are having this trouble. No one here has any such system access to do that.

PS:

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I already said in my query that I seeked help from my carrier nad they replaced the sim card. I also put in a sim card of different carrier and the same problem is there where as these both cards are working good in other handset. So, it's not problem wid carrier...

Hall of Famer III

Sorry, amidst the jumble of your first post, I missed that. Sorry.

I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If the behavior ceases, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

But if the behavior continues in Safe Mode, then you may need to consider more drastic actions (yes, I know you've tried some of these...but I suspect not ALL of them) -- WIPE, OS Reload, BBSAK Wipe/Reload, and the "Bare Bones" OS Reload Process. To prepare, you should be sure that you have a full backup to your PC...please review the Backup link in my auto-sig on this post for instructions.

Do keep in mind please that if the issue is the actual hardware (failure, fault, defect, etc.), then there is no amount of internet-distance diagnosis nor OS/software level help we can give you. We can give you a lot of things to try, which may rule in/out various possible causes, but if all other things get ruled out, then the conclusion would be a hardware fault of some kind...but, at this internet distance, that can only be a conclusion, not a diagnosis, and the conclusion can only come after you conduct a long series of different tedious processes.

Good luck and let us know!