Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Pear 9100
My Carrier: Tata Docom
Accepted Solution

Call Failed

Frequently I get Call Failed problem in my mobile. This happens sometimes when I go into an area of no coverage and then return to a full coverage area.  When that happens,I dont even receive calls and to the caller it says the mobile phone is switched off. The worst thing is there is no indication in phone that I will not be able to make / receive call. There may be other situations this problem might be occuring but I havent observed yet.

I have also found out that it gets fixed immediately when I power off and power on my mobile. But is there a proper solution for this?

Pearl 9100

OS V5.0.0.604

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Call Failed

you can change your carrier Smiley Happy

more seriously, you can activate a green blinking led that will indicate when you have coverage. it's done through Home screen >> options >> screen/keyboard >> LED coverage indicator

(the path may be a bit different, I don't have my Pearl at home).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I will try this option of switching on the LED coverage indicator next time when I get call failed. If this indi cator is linked to the Signal Strength on the right top corner, it will not be of much help. The call failed occurs even when the signal is at Max (All 5 bars are displayed)

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

it is a LED indicator, it makes the LED blink. It's not on the screen of the device.

Usage is : option contantly turned on. So that when it does not blink, you know you have no coverage.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I did try with the LED indicator today when the call was failing. The green indicator blinks which indicates I have signal strength. But when I try to make a call, I get a call failed message. I restarted my phone, it worked right away ( able to make and receive calls)

I guess it is more to do with the transmission/reception ( radio ) in the device rather than the signal strength and carrier.

Has anybody faced this issue before and is there a solution to resolve ? Please help.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I upgraded to OS 6.0 last week. I am not experiencing call failed problem for the past one week. Probably even higher version of OS 5.0 might have worked as well.