Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: Call Log and Text message history

Ok if you do a google search you will see that "content store" stores things like pictures and ringtones. Do you have excessive amounts of either? Do you have a SD card inserted. Google will also give you instructions on how to clear your content store but I don't know if tht deletes your content. You will have to read up on it.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

forgot about the pictures-transfered those to my computer and now Im at 17375236- I assume that is better

and since you have been so helpful with this issue Im hoping you can help with another issue I seem to be having..

Everytime I send an email from  my gmail account it copies my phone ie. I get every email i send either from my phone or from my computer on my phone and when I delete emails from my inbox on my computer it doesn't delete them on my computer (not sure if it is supposed to do the later).  This isn't a huge deal but it is a bit annoying so a solution to this problem would be great as well.

thanks so much for all your help- Im usually not this dense when it comes to technology but this phone is just over my head!

Forums Advisor III

Wow that is a gigantic difference in memory since you moved your pictures. So that was what the problem was all along. Now you will notice that the call logs and texts are not being deleted. Your memory is now at a safe level. Your content store probably went way down too. Now let's see what we can do about your other issues. If you go into your email icon and hit the menu key, select options and then email reconsilliation. Change "delete on" to mailbox and handheld. Click the back key and save. This will delete a message from your BB as well as on your computer. I don't think you can delete a message from your computer and have it delete on the BB too. I'm not sure about your other email question. Are you saying when you send an email from your desktop OR your BB to where ever you get copies of it sent to your BB? When you click on your message icon and hit menu and select options and then general options is hide sent messages set to on? And if you click on email settings is send read receipts set to no? If this doesn't help you might want to ask that question in a new thread so more people can see it and hopefully help.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

yeah both of those settings were set that way- I will see if anyone else has a solution.

thanks again for all your help with everything else!

Forums Advisor III

You are very welcome. Sorry I couldn't help with the email but if there is anything else I might be able to help you with, if I don't see you on the forum please feel free to send me a message with any questions.
Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry 8830 World Edition Smartphone
My Carrier: Bell

hi lorriem, thanks for helpin' me too with checking status and how many mb's of memory are taken up and all that...now i'm just wondering if there's anything easier than the massive and complicated processes i'm finding on the forums to take care of clearing/deleting the 'Content Store', and/or getting rid of applications you don't want. i have so many apps that are on my 8830 and i don't know why they are there and i don't want them cuz i don't use em! such as google talk, yahoo messenger, bell pvr, myspace, etc. 

i have a mac computer but i am finding that nothing really works in terms of making a mac and a blackberry sync properly and enable me to delete apps i don't want. do i seriously have to borrow a friend's pc (ugh)??? any help/answers would be appreciated.

thanks so much!!

Smiley Happy