Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Storm 9500
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Call/Menu/Return and End call button not working

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can help me? This will sound strange but bare with me -_-.

A couple weeks ago I put a needle (needle and thread) on my phone screen for like 2 seconds, the needle rolled to the side and went between the screen and he side of the phone, as I tried to get it out it went in further and was pushed behind the screen Smiley Sad on Saturday I took the phone a part, managed to get the needle out and put the phone back together. Once it was back together I switched it back on and now the call/menu/return and end call buttons are not working. They do click when pressed but they don't actually do anything anymore. 

So I retook the phone a part just to make sure I didn't snag anything or move anything to which I found I had not. So not actually sure what the problem is.

Can someone help? The phone isn't under warranty as it was a second hand phone so if it is fixable by myself that would be awesome.

Thanks.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Call/Menu/Return and End call button not working

Hey LouiseDC,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thank you for the question.

To resolve this issue I would suggest reloading the BlackBerry® Device Software by completing the following steps:

1. Connect your BlackBerry® Device to a PC and open BlackBerry® Desktop Software
  2. Click Device>Update>Get Update>Install> check the box that says Back up device data>Install update.

The steps can be found in this KB article: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320

The article also includes other methods on how to reload your BlackBerry® Desktop Software. If the clean reload does not work successfully please contact your service provider for warranty and repair options. 

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!