Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Orange

Call audio lost when message received - 8520

Hi, I've got a problem with losing the audio during calls - I can no longer hear the other person although they can still hear me. I have to end the call and redial to recover from this.

I think this happens when I receive a message during a call - I get a lot of messages as the phone is linked to several email accounts, social networks, etc.

It's a Curve 8520 and I'm with Orange.

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 * Q10 * Z30 * Passport
My Carrier: Telkom Mobile

Re: Call audio lost when message received - 8520

Ok it seems your problem is to do with how you have set your Profiles. Go to profiles icon at the top left corner of your BlackBerry, select and go to Edit profiles, choose the profile which is active or where you are getting this interruption, choose Messages and expand, go to SMS/Email/PIN depending on which message type is causing inteference. Select it to get the customization screen, scroll down to where it says "Notify Me During Calls", if its set to Yes then change it to No. Do this for other message types so that should you get SMS or email during a call it will come through silently. I hope this fixes your problem.

Contributor

I just checked and discovered 2 types of message that had 'notify during calls' set to 'yes' so I've changed them both to 'no'.

I can't be sure yet if this has solved the problem - only time will tell - but it seems very likely so thank you very much for your help!

Contributor

I'm afraid that doesn't seem to have solved the problem after all, I lost the audio again when a text message arrived during a call this afternoon. I have rechecked the settings and it deffo has 'notify during calls' set to 'no' for SMS.

Is there anything else I can try??

Contributor

Blackberry support on twitter suggested this: If reinserting the battery does not resolve the issue, try backing up and clean reloading your device software: http://bit.ly/cKy9A0

Anyone know if that's a good plan?

Super Contributor

You can try the re-load of the device software, re-loading software can fix error in the OS that might have occurred during course of using the phone. @BlackBerryhelp is an official twitter handle for RIM so they can be trusted.
Contributor

OK,  thanks, I'll give that a go then when I have time - maybe over the w/e - if no one has any more specific ideas in the meantime.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello again,

Have done the clean reload as suggested so will see if this helps with my original prroblem.

[ I have a new problem now, one of my email accts is not on my homescreen altho' it is connected. Tried a few things but cannot figure how to fix this. Any help appreciated.

UPDATE - I searched for and found a solution for this new problem so that's sorted now and the icon is back on my homescreen.]

Will report back on whether the call audio problem has been resolved in light of experience over the next few days.

Super Contributor

That's great, all the best. Keeping fingers crossed.