Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: 8310 Curve

Re: Call log and messages on 8310 curve randomly deleted

That's great! This will help my video venture alot.
mandograss

Bluegrass Rules !
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

called RIM and the language package has to be reloaded selecting only the English language and it did it
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

Ok..

After arguing with AT&T Tech support over this (it is NOT a memory issue.) I finally got them to put me in contact with Blackberry Support.

1-877-255-2377 is their direct # and you can call them and not be charged a fee.. Just tell them you already talked to your carrier

DESPITE what AT&T Tech Support tells you, DO NOT REMOVE YOUR BATTERY or erase anything.  If you do, there is NOTHING Blackberry can do to help until the problem happens again.

The problem is caused by a database corrpution and Blackberry needs to figure out which database is having the problem.

AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc CAN NOT FIX THIS!

Once it is determined which database is corrupted, they will help resolve the issue and your phone will no longer sporadically delete your sms/mms messages or call logs.

Here is the link they sent for the knowledge base regarding the issue:

*(ONLY FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS IF YOU ARE TECH SAVY.  IF NOT, LET A BLACKBERRY TECH DO IT FOR YOU!)*

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/searchEntry.do?languages=&rwTarget=%2FrfPlayerWidget.do&searchMode=Gu...

It will show 2 message threads.  Select the first one.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi aceladcd,

Please go to OPTIONS-STATUS and send me the file total and file free numbers,  This is need to guage further progress.

You have low free memory left on your device.

Do you have a lot of third party applications on your BB weather, icall,bbalerts etc?

I do not know your experience level, so if you know this I'm sorry but please read and let me

know if this applies.

Most people close the applications by pressing the escape or red key. This does not close the applications.

Each application has a CLOSE option. For instance if you are in the calendar hit the menu key (spotted key) and scroll down to the bottom CLOSE is listed. Go through each application and press close. Go into the browser press menu and options select cache operations clear all categories and hit escape it will say cleaning memory.

Go to options - security - memory cleaning - enable it. The BB will now clean memory when idle for 5 minutes.

you will have an icon on you screen for memory cleaning make sure you press it. Make sure you use the CLOSE button each time you are done with an application. Please complete all the steps listed here In Tansims post:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=9225#M9225

If you follow these steps and keep up with your memory your phone will operate smoothly.

Please let us know if you need help with any of the steps.

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi, DCMUSEUM,

I have no doubt that you may have a different problem with like symptoms than others here,

However your problem resolution does not necessarily apply to other users,

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I am an IT/Computer geek and know quite a bit about computers, but I was not going to follow those steps.  I will wait until it happens again so that Blackberry can fix the database problem (which they say will resolve the issue permanently)."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I'm sure your experience is quite formidable. Please take time to use the search feature on the upper left hand corner of the

screen, to learn about the concerns relating to Blackberry Devices , which may be outside your purview, We would appreciate any

Tech bulletins from RIM concerning this issue,

I do not think that applying your info to every post you read regarding memory loss is in the best concerns of users looking for resolutions.

Thanks

Message Edited by Bifocals on 09-07-2008 12:59 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter