Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8330
Accepted Solution

Call log doesnt display date/time/length of call.....

STILL learning....I know.....

I like to call log to be seperate from my "messages"...

But I would like the call log to provide info like the date/time and length of call....

Anyway way to do that WITHOUT adding it to the "messages" list so that it gets all mixed in with the email and calls, etc.  I like having calls/emails/texts seperate. Maybe I could just 'do away' with the "messages" application and have everything in a seperate app.?  Right now I have the SMS/MMS in one app (which I love) but my email goes to the email app and the "messages" app.  Can I have a detailed call log and take away "messages."?

thanks

Solutions: 6,398
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Call log doesnt display date/time/length of call.....

You can remove the calls from the Messages folder at Phone (press the green dial key) > Options > Call Logging. Choose None.

You can't have a dedicated on screen folder for the call log, but if you open the messages folder, and press ALT + P, your phone call log will come up.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

I do have a "call log" icon on my screen that lists ALL the calls (sent and received) but my issue is that there are no details associated with the calls (date/time.)

I tried the alt + key in the "messages" app but that gives me the SMS log too------dont want all that!

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

If you can change how the call log is displayed. On ce you're in the call log, hit you menu key, and go into Options. Then go into General Options. You can change the Phone List View to Call Log. That will show the date of a call.

If you highlight a name, hit your menu button, you can go into View History to look at more details about all the times that name/number was called.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Solutions: 6,398
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

obiBunch wrote:

I do have a "call log" icon on my screen that lists ALL the calls (sent and received) but my issue is that there are no details associated with the calls (date/time.)

I tried the alt + key in the "messages" app but that gives me the SMS log too------dont want all that!

It does work as I described. If you want a full ALL call log as you described, do as I mentioned in the Messages folder: Alt + P. Each item will have all the detail you desire by hitting Call History on any line, as was mentioned above.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Contributor

jmrmb80, Thanks.  This is EXACLTY what I was looking for!  high five :0)