03-09-2013 09:12 AM
So, what you are telling me is that those 3rd party apps are actually capturing MORE data related to incoming calls than the native call log is showing? That would be quite strange indeed...and may indicate that the native Call Log database has become corrupted...here is a procedure to try and cleanse that problem:
Maybe that'll help. You also might try removing those 3rd party apps...it's possible that they are the cause of the phone call log database corruption. What I'd recommend is getting the native call log to work properly before trying anything to do with 3rd party apps that would depend on the native log.
03-22-2013 06:30 AM
Just to bring closure to this issue, the final resolution came about from a call to my service provider (Fido). I did not have "Caller ID" as part of my service, so the purchase of a suitable add-on ($6 per month) completely solved my problem. It is now obvious that any of the call log apps I tried would likely have been OK had I known.
03-22-2013 09:13 AM