Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Caller ID for incoming calls NOT displaying name from contacts (only displays phone #)

mmmyeh wrote:

hi there.

I have the blackberry pearl 8100?
I'm living in Australia.
when a number is saved in my phone as 0414293920 under peter and he calls,peter's name comes up,but when he sends a sms, it doesnt come up with his name,it comes up as +61414293920 and therefor i dont know who sent the sms.
and visversa, if i save the number in the phone as +61414293920 and he calls it come up with the number not his name, but if he sends a sms,then it will come up with his name.

hello,

if I recall correctly this is due to a configuration in the Phone application.

1. go to the phone application, open menu, select options, then "smart dialing".
  2. Choose the correct country code : +61 for Australia.
  3. Please fill in "area code" if applicable, and the national number length (it should be 9)

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Caller ID for incoming calls NOT displaying name from contacts (only displays phone #)

I have a blackberry 8520....When someone calls me i am facing the following issues:

1) The name of the person does not show

2) Sometimes someone else name appears on the screen as incoming call and only when i recieve the call i get to know the person identity. However in my call log I see right name and nos. therefore the problem seems to be only in case of incoming calls.

3) twice my call log had also vanished itself showing some application error. And the call log reappears after sometime itself.

I have set my country code (+91) and mobile no. digits to 10. Please help

Guru I

divaker wrote:

I have a blackberry 8520....When someone calls me i am facing the following issues:

2) Sometimes someone else name appears on the screen as incoming call and only when i recieve the call i get to know the person identity. However in my call log I see right name and nos. therefore the problem seems to be only in case of incoming calls.

3) twice my call log had also vanished itself showing some application error. And the call log reappears after sometime itself.

let's take an example of a mobile phone call in India : 98-93-012345

it is indeed 10 digits, and the country code is +91.

meaning from France I would have to type 00 91 9893 012345.

--> ask the person to call you, you will see the number appear. Take it and store it as a new contact.

--> ask the person to call you again, does the name of the contact appear ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Orange

Thanks so much for this!  This has been an issue that's been annoying me for a couple of months on my Blackberry but finally solved.  I had encryption enabled for my contacts and it's working properly now that I've disabled this feature!

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: vodaphone

Im facing the same problem...and need your help urgently.....
Highlighted

I have a blackberry 9700....When someone calls me i am facing the following issues:

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

sanchari, what is the problem you're facing urgently? You'll notice others in this thread have followed the prescribed fixes and the problem is solved.
So you will need to be very specific please about what of the solutions above you have followed or not followed, please.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

I followed as below:
let's take an example of a mobile phone call in India : 98-93-012345

it is indeed 10 digits, and the country code is +91.

meaning from France I would have to type 00 91 9893 012345.

--> ask the person to call you, you will see the number appear. Take it and store it as a new contact.

--> ask the person to call you again, does the name of the contact appear ?

Actually I have a blackberry 9700....When someone calls me i am facing the following issues:

Guru I

I live in France. And I store the phone numbers using the + and country code.
For the phone number you gave, I would store it as +91-9893-012345
and configure the device to use 10 digits.

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9500 smartphone
My Carrier: Using 3G UK

Hi there,

I may be doing something completely dumb and missing the obvious, but I need help!

I have a Storm 9500 smartphone. I got it in the USA and it was originally set up to work on Verizon.

I have since moved back to the UK, therefore I unlocked the phone so that I can use it with my Network provider here. My network provider is 3.

I am having the same problems as previously mentioned by other members.

Whenever I receive a call from someone within my contacts, it doesn't display the person’s name. It only shows the incoming number!

But it displays the person’s name correctly when I receive an SMS.

When I updated the ‘My Number’ details, I also changed the Mobile Country Code, the Mobile Network Code.

In smart dialing I've set the country code to +44, and I've set the number length to 11. 

I’ve been trying to use all the advice giving to other members but I can’t seem to get into the security to check the ‘Content Protection’ to see if that is the problem.

Can you or anyone please help??