Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Wataniya

Re: Caller ID for incoming calls NOT displaying name from contacts (only displays phone #)

They're too many!! More than 600. This was fine with Blackberry 9900. I never had a problem!!!
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Caller ID for incoming calls NOT displaying name from contacts (only displays phone #)

OK, sorry, that's how I know it should work.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

I have the same issue and have over 1,000 local contacts. I have never had this issue with any phone before and I am just about ready to return the BB10. 

For those of us frequent travelers, the reason we save numbers with +country code is so that we can make calls from wherever we are. No phone has made this an issue before. Why is this an issue with the BB10?

To address your point of removing +country code from local contacts, that not only makes no sense but does not work as I would have to resave them with the country code once I travel outside of that particular country in order for me to call them.

RIM, please resolve this asap, this is a big problem.

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Smart

Same issue any poblem solved? for BB10? or Blackberry z10? Please reply ASAP. thanks

New Contributor

The new Software Update (Version 10.0.10.82) solved the problem automatically on my Z10!
Contributor

Hi Alsane, Thanks for that solution. Blackberry, some of us have not received the update yet. I am on 10.0.9.348 and my Z10 keeps saying my software is up-to-date. If the update would help, is there someplace on the Blackberry website I can download it. BB Link on my mac does not work. I have tried reloading / restoring software in hopes it would trigger an update but it just hangs. I have also uninstalled BB Link several times. Sorry if I am posting in the wrong forum, just need this solved very quickly. Thanks
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi, well I had the same problem regarding software updates! You have to keep on trying until it shows up! I think it depends on the server connection or maybe something else... this is my guess! I also tried to download it with Blackberry desktop manager, it didn't work! So good luck
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: Blackberry

Just reinstall you OS. and if you are getting problem in reinstalling os you can visit at apperror523.com for better solution suggestion.

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Davidaddicted24 wrote:

Just reinstall you OS. and if you are getting problem in reinstalling os you can visit at apperror523.com for better solution suggestion.

No, that is not a good solution for contact names not showing in the CallerID. It's a bit of overkill as well.

The best known solutions have been posted above (for BBOS device, not for BB10 devices).

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

My Z10 says my phone has the latest update (10.0.9.348). I still have this issue. Blackberry, this is a big problem. I am ready to switch to another device if this does not get fixed. Any solution???